Passangers side engine mount-next/below battery?

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to replace the engine mount thats on the passangers side of the car next to the battery but its lower? Ive noticed a bit of movment in the car when revving but I dont know the name of this mount?

I assumed it was the rear engine mount but when the one from vibra technics arrived it wasnt the same one at all, can anyone help?

cheers

cam

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Its the gearboxmount, you have 2 lower mounts, one drivers side and one gearbox. Mostly moving engine comes cause of the lower rear mount.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Drivers side mount is done already with a solid vibra technics mount.

I'm noticing some lurching back forward on acceleration/deaccleration and when i open the bonnet and get someoe to rev- there does seem to be movment on this mount?

I dunno if I should replace the gearbox or the lower one or just buy an insert kit?

Mark_teg

Staff member
cameroon95 said:
Second one down on this page?http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Pulleys_and_Belts.html

Yeah cheers mark.

What im concerned is that how would I know if its the mount, not just the insert that is goosed? I was going to be a solid vibratechnics one but they go for around 145.

Anyone have any ideas on how easy this is to fit aswell?
Haven't changed mine, but I've read it's pretty easy. I'd support the 'box with a jack, but apparently it's not absolutely necessary.
For that amount of money it's worth a try I reckon..