Passenger side leak

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I'm not entirely sure where to post this so sticking it in general for now...

I was cavity waxing the inside of the rear quarters this past weekend and as I had the room to I thought I would check something out.

Since I had my Teg I have noticed, what looks like, some rust staining on my carpet around the areas where the seats bolt into the floor. I decided to peak under the carpet (passenger side) to see what I could find. What I found was that the padding under the carpet was damp and smelled like it has been for a while.

I had seen other posts with interior leaks from the front end but these had been drivers side and where the window screen sealant had perished and cracked. I checked this for the Passenger side and couldn't see anything along the lines of perished sealant or any visible cracks.

I am going to be taking out the passenger sea this weekend to have a better look but I don't really have a clue where the water could be coming in or even if it is just residual from a heavy down pour. Can anyone point me in the direction of bungs to check, seals to check etc?

I expected the rust stains are just where the seat mounts on the floor and the actual floor have metal edges that are bare and have surface rust. I hope.

Cheers Guys.

Picture for reference.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
My passenger side leaked through the door weatherstrip that runs along the bottom of the window. Water then got inside the door and dripped out through the speaker holes!

Yours looks like it's more towards the rear though but it's whether water has soaked through enough to reach the back...

Get someone to spray the door/window area with a hose and check if water is coming in anywhere. New seals are about £55 per side if so.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
My passenger side leaked through the door weatherstrip that runs along the bottom of the window. Water then got inside the door and dripped out through the speaker holes!

Yours looks like it's more towards the rear though but it's whether water has soaked through enough to reach the back...

Get someone to spray the door/window area with a hose and check if water is coming in anywhere. New seals are about £55 per side if so.
I've changed both the weather strips you are talking about, but mine still seem to let water run into the door so I will definitely take apart the passenger side door.

I will strip out the inside and get my Dad to water the car and see where it comes in.

Cheers Luke.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Something else I have noticed is that if the car is sat on my drive for some time and it rains and then eventually stops raining and drys up, the next day I move my car water will pool out of the passenger side side skirt area.

On my Cupra the water would collect after rainfall in the gutter lanes under the scuttle panel (poor design) I am unfamiliar with the design of the integra so I don't know if this is normal and water always gets collected here and just has to be released?

My fear is the water is collecting and then working it's way into the inside through body panel gaps.

Fez

Advanced Member
Mine was the same but i had a huge rust hole there haha. As you've pulled up the carpet you would have noticed if it was like mine lol

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Mine was the same but i had a huge rust hole there haha. As you've pulled up the carpet you would have noticed if it was like mine lol
:xaiweb6: I think I might pretend I never noticed the carpet was wet...