Passwordjdm powerchamber?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Right I bought this a few weeks ago and tried to fit the bugger tonight! Everything went swimmingly until the terminals!

Has anyone every run this intake? If so how did you get round the problem terminals?

I.e jdm ones are too small compaired to the usdm fitment?

I know I might be better off asking on Honda-tech as its a more active site and the kit will be more known over there?

Heres a pic!

Any help would be great guys!

Thanks baz

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Chris dc5 has one fitted to his car, send him a pm, he is usually about this time of night,
i think his battery may be in the rear wheel well.

I have fitted several different batteries and always re-lug the cables to suit the new battery, if you have a battery with removable terminals then i would suggest a trip to halfords, and buy some car audio crimp lugs and solder them on to the cables (you wont be able to crimp them very well when they are in place unless you know an auto electrician with a suitably large tool, when you solder you will have to get the crimp very warm with the cable inside then flood it with solder. i would suggest a small flame type blow lamo for this)

heres one i did-

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I'll grab a pic of the battery terminals tomo! I presume I'll have to get New fittings. I'll pop into halfords tomo with the battery! Good job it's across the road :D littrully!

I've pm that nuno guy from the states but presume usdm are different?

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Odyssey 6800 I believe? One sec I'll check it's what ever they send out with the kit from pwjdm

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
ok that makes it easier, you have two options-
1- (easiest) buy from halfords, two replacement std battery terminals (the pos and neg are different sizes so make sure you buy as such) cut off the original termials, strip back the wires and refit the new terminals. the JDM terminals are smaller than UK /rest of the world so what you get in halfords should be fine.

2- relug with std crimp style lugs like my picture above, this takes longer and limits your choice of battery in te future, once you have fited crimp lugs, you may struggle to fit oem style terminals again in the future if you ever want to go back to oem battery as the cables might be a touch too short. inside the brass terminals here are some cap screws, if you undo these the brass terminals will come off, then fit the crimp lugs and shorten the cap screws (they will bottom out in the holes and damage the battery if you dont do this)

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
ok that makes it easier, you have two options-
1- (easiest) buy from halfords, two replacement std battery terminals (the pos and neg are different sizes so make sure you buy as such) cut off the original termials, strip back the wires and refit the new terminals. the JDM terminals are smaller than UK /rest of the world so what you get in halfords should be fine.

2- relug with std crimp style lugs like my picture above, this takes longer and limits your choice of battery in te future, once you have fited crimp lugs, you may struggle to fit oem style terminals again in the future if you ever want to go back to oem battery as the cables might be a touch too short. inside the brass terminals here are some cap screws, if you undo these the brass terminals will come off, then fit the crimp lugs and shorten the cap screws (they will bottom out in the holes and damage the battery if you dont do this)

so will the uk ones fit over the brass connectors? (like normal batteries ect)

might be worth just taking the battery in i suppose.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Could you put up some pics mate of it fitted? Want to see what it looks like

Thanks

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Could you put up some pics mate of it fitted? Want to see what it looks like

Thanks

im fitting it tomo mate along with my buddy club spec 4 :D bring on the noise y0000! will take a step by step guide dude :) maybe get it as a sticky or something.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I have This Intake now and i much prefer it over the Gruppe M.
If you look at the design of the Gruppe M in detail, there is no way it can supply ram air. I have data loging at over 140 and still no +ve pressure.
The password JDM kit sounds amazing and seems to be more free reving high in the rev range. In traffic it will get a bit of heat soak like any other open filter intake but, due to it being made of one layer of carbon and being ultra light it does not have much thermal mass so will cool down quickly once on the move. The Gruppe M on the other hand is made frome one layer of carbon with 3-4mm of glass fiber (chopped Strand) behind to give it strength. There is no need for the glass if the carbon would be cured at heat under vacuum. The major downside of the heavier Gruppe M is in traffic it will soak up heat and take longer to cool due to having a greater thermal mass.

My 2p's worth :)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I have This Intake now and i much prefer it over the Gruppe M.
If you look at the design of the Gruppe M in detail, there is no way it can supply ram air. I have data loging at over 140 and still no +ve pressure.
The password JDM kit sounds amazing and seems to be more free reving high in the rev range. In traffic it will get a bit of heat soak like any other open filter intake but, due to it being made of one layer of carbon and being ultra light it does not have much thermal mass so will cool down quickly once on the move. The Gruppe M on the other hand is made frome one layer of carbon with 3-4mm of glass fiber (chopped Strand) behind to give it strength. There is no need for the glass if the carbon would be cured at heat under vacuum. The major downside of the heavier Gruppe M is in traffic it will soak up heat and take longer to cool due to having a greater thermal mass.

My 2p's worth :)
I am very tempted to go for this, are you running your battery in the boot?

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I am indeed Mate.

Makes life so much easier. A cupple of turns on the clips to hold the intake on and there is loads of room to get at things in the engine bay.

Plus it is way cheaper than the gruppe M. PWJDM FTW.