Paul G Disks - another rave review!

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Hi All,

I finally had enough of the unresponsive DC5 disks, despite upgrading my pads to Federro DS2500 and sticking on braided hoses.

I read all the posts on Paul G's disks and thought i'd bit the bullet and splash the cash on something that counts - brakes!

I've only had them since Monday but so far all i can say is WOW what a difference. The brake pedal feels firm and the bites pretty much instantaneous as pressure is applied rather than having to stamp on the pedal to get any action. When I first braked with them I nearly head butted my windscreen :lol: The brake in procedure is interesting and certainly gives you an idea of how much better the stopping power is! On top of all that they weigh less than the stock brakes and they look cool 8)

I've yet to do a track day with them but hopefully early next year I'll test them out properly and no doubt they will live up to other reviews posted.:wink:

Paul offered a great service - he provided me with constant updates and get them to me when he said he would.

If you have the cash and want some excellent disks and pads give Paul a call - you wont regret it :wink:

j9jrx

Advanced Member
oh yes :lol:

Well mine are anyway, wheels dont stay white for very long but its worth it for the better responsivness :D

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Im not sure yet - plus mine needed a clean before hand :oops:

Im planning a buffing session this weekend!

mikegsi

Staff member
it really is unbelivable the difference these discs make, try driving a car with these on then going to a car with oem ones, the difference is instantly noticable

good choice mate! if you plan to track it consider getting the trackday pads off paul, you think the ones he supplies stop you, my god the others are awesome on track!!!

Paul G

Members
Stevieg said:
Hi All,

I finally had enough of the unresponsive DC5 disks, despite upgrading my pads to Federro DS2500 and sticking on braided hoses.

I read all the posts on Paul G's disks and thought i'd bit the bullet and splash the cash on something that counts - brakes!

I've only had them since Monday but so far all i can say is WOW what a difference. The brake pedal feels firm and the bites pretty much instantaneous as pressure is applied rather than having to stamp on the pedal to get any action. When I first braked with them I nearly head butted my windscreen :lol: The brake in procedure is interesting and certainly gives you an idea of how much better the stopping power is! On top of all that they weigh less than the stock brakes and they look cool 8)

I've yet to do a track day with them but hopefully early next year I'll test them out properly and no doubt they will live up to other reviews posted.:wink:

Paul offered a great service - he provided me with constant updates and get them to me when he said he would.

If you have the cash and want some excellent disks and pads give Paul a call - you wont regret it :wink:
Glad you like them :D

Perhaps i should put a warning in the box to mind your head on the windscreen when brakeing :wink: :lol:

Paul.

Paul G

Members
Re: discs

martyndc5 said:
where can i get some pauls discs from and pads?

PM sent :wink:

Thks, Paul.

PS- There is a full report on these posted by Mikegsi under 'The best discs/pads you can buy' IMO..not sure how to do a link to it :| :oops:

j9jrx

Advanced Member
The oem ones dont screech :? These will be a little louder but its because the pad is harder iirc :|

Stevieg

Advanced Member
ADZ01 said:
Do they screech like mad like the oem one's?

Cheers
Yeah OEM ones are really quiet even with DS2500 Pads (I have some of these for sale)

Yeah these disks do screech quite a bit but it's worth the sacrifice for the braking performance even if you do sound like a bus :lol:

LeeH

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
A set of these will be on the way to me shortly.
How much are they Chris? I'm going for the Slotted Dixels all round but a price comparison would be nice.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
LeeH said:
milano_chris said:
How much are they Chris? I'm going for the Slotted Dixels all round but a price comparison would be nice.
Lee.....

You can't compare these discs to the 'entry' level system from AP Dixel....

Paul's discs are in a different league... hence the cost will be higher....

Mike

JT3173

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Me too, Thursday infact, cant wait to head through that windscreen when I stamp on the stop pedal.

Now I have my Pivot speed meter V I will fit it with the OEM setup and do a test.

Dry airfield, various speeds and stamp on the brakes and record the braking G force.

Paul G brakes plus Mintex 1144 pads, same again and record the details.

Will then post the results which I am sure will be a good healthy difference!

Paul G

Members
JT3173 said:
milano_chris said:
Me too, Thursday infact, cant wait to head through that windscreen when I stamp on the stop pedal.

Now I have my Pivot speed meter V I will fit it with the OEM setup and do a test.

Dry airfield, various speeds and stamp on the brakes and record the braking G force.

Will then post the results which I am sure will be a good healthy

difference!

Sounds good to me :D Thks J. (yr discs should be with me tomor now - will give you a call).

Thks for the replys Mike/Chris - give you a call when there on the way Chris :wink:

Will put up some more info/ 08' price's .....

Thks Paul.

JT3173

Advanced Member
paul G said:
JT3173 said:
milano_chris said:

Will then post the results which I am sure will be a good healthy

difference!

Sounds good to me :D Thks J. (yr discs should be with me tomor now - will give you a call).

Thks for the replys Mike/Chris - give you a call when there on the way Chris :wink:

Will put up some more info/ 08' price's .....

Thks Paul.
Cheers Paul, cant wait!!! :D