"Paul G" Front Brake Discs & Mintex 1144's

ScottyD123

Dear all,

The time has come to replace my front discs and pads and am looking for advice.

Had a look through the topics about Paul G's uprated discs and also Mintex 1144's. The feedback appears to be good. Im only wishing for fast road use so Im not after something to savage.

Can someone advise on cost and where I can purchase a set and also if I need to make any additional modifications to fit them? I did see an article about grinding something to get sufficient clearence?! Can someone explain.

Thanks very much,

Scotty.

Paul G

Members
ScottyD123 said:
Dear all,

The time has come to replace my front discs and pads and am looking for advice.

Had a look through the topics about Paul G's uprated discs and also Mintex 1144's. The feedback appears to be good. Im only wishing for fast road use so Im not after something to savage.

Can someone advise on cost and where I can purchase a set and also if I need to make any additional modifications to fit them? I did see an article about grinding something to get sufficient clearence?! Can someone explain.

Thanks very much,

Scotty.
Hi Scotty

I Sell the discs/pads so it's no good asking me how well they work - I may be biased :wink:

I can explain about the grinding though :) It was to do with the pads, not the discs. The early pads i used to supply with the discs needed the edge taken off the back plates on the outer pads by about 2mm....All the pads i supply now are to size :D

Hope thats a help

Paul.

ScottyD123

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply mate Im not sure why my post has duplicated itself, never mind. :shock:

Yea could you quote us for these discs and pads mate and a contact number and ill give u a bell tomorrow! Hopefully get some days next week to get the job done! :lol:

Scotty

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
sorry to thread steal a tad but Paul can you PM me a price for Discs & Pads please mate

Paul G

Members
Scotty - PM sent :wink: .

To save starting another thread :idea: The best place to look for all the info/prices, is under a post by: mikegsi, in the susp/brakes/wheels posts - THE BEST BRAKE DISCS/PADS IMO...

But if you need more info, then please ask on that thread :?:

Thks V Much

Paul.