Pedal extensions

g-zone

Advanced Member
Anyone use these for making H&T easier. What do you use and where did you get it from? Do the mugen pedals do this job or am I looking for something different?

Wootty

Advanced Member
So do you toe the brake and heel the throttle - i tried this and my whole foot cramped up :shock: :lol:

truffs

i have size 12 feet and can heal and toe, the only vehicle that i have been able to do it on, pus i can now left foot brake, very handy :lol:

************warning************

to practise left foot braking may i suggest an unused / private etc etc road, i learnt it on the breacon beacons and almost out my self through the window on numerous occasions :lol:

g-zone

Advanced Member
Yeah, but my little size 7s :oops: end up at about 45 degrees across the pedals, which is really uncomfortable and ends up in the cramp that Wootty knows about. :D

There must be an easier way. When you blip the throttle, how much of a blip are we talking about here? A couple of hundred rpm? 500?

Wootty

Advanced Member
I always thought you should blip the throttle up to near the revs of the gear you are changing down from so that there is not a big lurch from the engine as it gets back driven through the gearbox by the inertia of the car.

So its quite a big blip you need and my little size 7's cant bend that far backwards :shock:

It think it also keeps the gearbox syncro's spinning making it easier to change gear - which was an issue on older cars though not so sure on these modern gearboxes if its so neccessary??? Some experts out there wil know for sure :idea:

Last time i tried left foot braking i misstook the clutch for the brake and nearly hit the curb :lol: - on the wrong side of the road :shock: