Performance cost?

CleRICK

Advanced Member
I've got some toda spec a2 cams and valve springs, how much should i budget to have them fitted with an (haven't got yet) hondata kpro and setup?

andyd

Advanced Member
CleRICK said:
I've got some toda spec a2 cams and valve springs, how much should i budget to have them fitted with an (haven't got yet) hondata kpro and setup?
Allow around 400 for fitting

Hondata K-Pro is £739 inc Vat

The rolling road time, you would need to consult your local tuner.

Andy

Evs

Advanced Member
CleRICK said:
Evs said:
£1700-1800ish
is that including the price of a kpro?
Yes that would include supplying the Kpro, cost breakdown roughly

Supply Kpro 628
Fit cams 500-600
Map Kpro 350
+VAT :roll: :x

As Andy says, best speak to the tuner of your choice, but that's the budgetary estimate you asked for...

CleRICK

Advanced Member
kingston said:
you telling me that you brought some gear and ddint think of the fitment costs?
:oops: well i thought the cost of fitting the cams would be no more than £500. But since i've purchased them, getting a kpro mapped to the new mods is sounding pretty tempting =~ , even if is does mean saving a few more months untill i get some more power :(

Evs

Advanced Member
You rang? :lol:

The reason I hung on for so long was that I was undecided about which ECU to go for, and also about whether I was going to go for cams & ITBs. Wanted to get it all done at the same time and only pay once for the mapping. Decided that 'the other ECU option' and the Toda ITBs were taking too long, so just went for it. That doesn't rule out a complete change of heart sometime in the future, of course, so watch the for sale section for some bargains when the 'oh f*** it' mood comes over me... :wink:

I think CleRICK is right to hang on, he won't get the best out of his cams without KPro so best to save up and do it in one hit.

andyd

Advanced Member
Hayward & Clockwise Motion do some nice ITB's :wink:

I think when i was on there site last, 48mm ITB's start from around
$2300.00

There are a few guys on Club RSX with them on at the mo and there gonna be loud!!!!

ill dig the vid out for lot.

Andy

andyd

Advanced Member
From Club RSX

The K20 ITB's only come as a complete system:
The 48m/m system is $2135.oo usd
50m/m system is $2395.oo usd
52m/m system is $2510.oo usd
54m/m system will be a custom, so the cost will be reflected in it's price.
The system includes:manifold,throttles,linkage,hookup for stock RSX throttle cable,fuelrail,airhorns,TPS and wiring clip.
The vacuum tree is built in to the intake flange, which is the same as the stock manifold, using a passage within the cylinderhead mating surface.
The ports for the vacuum are on the side of the # 4 runner, same as stock, vacuum ports for power brakes and map sensor.
For your uses, the 48m/m would probably be the best choice to retain your low end torgue/ drivability etc.(road racing)
The overall length of the system is such that a 40m/m tall airhorn is used, as the manifold is longer than usual so as to position the throttles correctly to clear the power steering etc, this system still has the same overall length as my S2000 system which uses a 90m/m airhorn.
The K20 system is not on the website yet, as I have a bunch of changes to make on the site, and I am waiting for one supplier to get me some larger airhorn parts,52m/m and 54m/m, so I can get some good pictures of the K20 system for the site.
As for an airbox, sorry I don't make airboxes, as it would be a never ending story, as one airbox will not fit all the applications that I sell.

Andy

Evs

Advanced Member
Thanks for that Andy :D

I do keep an eye on CRSX and have seen some vids etc. Tbh I don't get the sense that the development has matured sufficiently yet. When Toda release their kit and when the likes of TDI and CPL are offering turnkey conversions then I might go for it, until then I'll probably just stick with what I've got and enjoy it. :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
Noooo!

LALALALALALALA... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!! LALALALA...

Don't tempt me FFS. I'm happy with my current setup. I'm happy with my current setup. I'm happy with...

:lol: :p :-k :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
Nah, they obviously only work on engines with blue cam covers so wouldn't be any good on my car. Think I'll have to leave 'em... :wink: :lol:

andyd

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Nah, they obviously only work on engines with blue cam covers so wouldn't be any good on my car. Think I'll have to leave 'em... :wink: :lol:
Thats a poor excuse......

Andy