Perishes bushes/boots

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hi guys. Wondering if you could help me please. On my last MOT, it said i had advisories for the following:

Track rod boots starting to perish
Bottom ball joint boots starting to perish
Bottom outer bushes starting tp perish.

Im going to get the suspension fully polybushed soon but where would i get the boots from, are they a generic part or are they car specific and where do i get them?
Thanks in advance

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think you'll need new components tbh bud, not sure whether you'd get away with just new rubber boots. Give Steels Honda a call and ask for Dave as he's brilliant and really helpful. Failing that Cox Honda are also good. Try and stay OEM if you can with chassis and suspension components as they're well built. Hope that helps!

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I've not long bought it and its got mugen showa suspension setup. Took it santa pod last weekend and torn an engine mount so gonna get all new ones there aswell. Wanna keep everything as cheap but long lasting as possible.
What new components would you get if you was in same situation mate?
Cheers

ste01

Advanced Member
Honda will be able to get you anything as long as it isn't discontinued. Pretty sure you can just get the boots still if you need only them

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
I've not long bought it and its got mugen showa suspension setup. Took it santa pod last weekend and torn an engine mount so gonna get all new ones there aswell. Wanna keep everything as cheap but long lasting as possible.
What new components would you get if you was in same situation mate?
Cheers
Similar setup to mine, I've just changed to second hand Mugen Showas but having a few problems with the car as it's running Civic track rod ends so the handling is all over the place.

Take a look at Vibratechnics engine mounts, not cheap but very good. Makes the front end a tad noisy, I'm running the drivers side one on mine. If you have the money then stick to OEM Track rod ends, ball joints and bushes if you can.

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Similar setup to mine, I've just changed to second hand Mugen Showas but having a few problems with the car as it's running Civic track rod ends so the handling is all over the place.

Take a look at Vibratechnics engine mounts, not cheap but very good. Makes the front end a tad noisy, I'm running the drivers side one on mine. If you have the money then stick to OEM Track rod ends, ball joints and bushes if you can.
Can i order new track rod ends and ball joints from say tegiwa and the boots come on them?
Cheers.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Vteccin_teg said:
Can i order new track rod ends and ball joints from say tegiwa and the boots come on them?
Cheers.
Haven't got a clue mate tbh, give them a call or try Dave at Steels he'll know. Should get some forum discount too.