Personal liability insurance

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Chaps,

Had a chat with my bro who lives over in Toronto. He was telling me about someone he knows who crashed into another driver on a trackday, wrote off both cars and injured the other driver. The end result was he was sued and practically lost everything he owned. Subsequently people that know this guy all started getting trackday insurance.

Now I know these type of incidents are rare, most people drive carefully on open trackdays, and there are great organised groups you can go with like HOT but you never know what could happen.

Subsequently I was looking into alternative types of insurance you can get and personal liability insurance came up. Of course it doesn't cover your car, but it covers YOU which is more important that a machine.. and appears to be a lot cheaper. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

LeeH

Advanced Member
That's a very good point, something that I never considered.

I'm not sure how UK law would see it, as the person you injured was obviously on a race track too And they have accepted the obvious dangers that come with that environment.

Could be a good discussion.....

DanSwift1988

Advanced Member
I don't think it's possible to just 'sue' someone over here as easily as it is over there, if possible at all. You'd probably end up with a 'you knew what you where doing on a racetrack and have to accept the consequences' type of message.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
All the track days i have done you sign a declaration form and it means you are not liable if you crash into someone elses car etc. Accidents are not that uncommon, the last track day i was on there were quiet a few crashes including some gay porsche caymen. Its one of the risks, you insure you own car if you want if not you take the risk that you could write it off.

Thats why i have a CRX track day car which i dont care too much if i smash it unless i'm hurt.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I thought that was public liability for instances like a crash so that they are not liable if you are in/cause an accident :-k

jay82

Advanced Member
i was watching a old top gear the other day on dave and they were talking about trackdays and insurance for there cars, and a lad mentioned that there is insurance for your car

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'm sure the indemnity form that you sign is just to take the liability away from the track organisers and you can be personally sued if you injured someone :? . One thing's for sure, all of those dodgy so called 'solicitors' (failed solicitors in reality) who advertise to get compensation if you've had a crash that hasn't been your fault would certainly give it their best shot to personally sue you.

Definately food for thought :-k