Petrol cap holder?

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Do all tegs not have a holder for the filler cap to be "hooked" onto while fueling.

I always felt really ghetto placing it on the spoiler.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Didnt know fuel would do that...

Just thought my holder was missing. If all tegs are like this i ill just live with it.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

One of the handy little touches I missed coming from a UK DC 2. Plus no separate way to secure the boot lid, other than from the inside of the car. If you're in Calais and you don't have the interior locks down you could end up with someone from North Africa in your boot when you get home.

If you are'nt in Calais and stopped at traffic lights and some low life spots all your Christmas shopping in the boot because you have'nt got a rear parcel shelf, that's another reason to have the interior locks down.

Apart from that its a fantastic motor car.

Outside me house today two roofers who were working opposite mentioned how good the paintwork looked on the Teg. We had a further conversation about its history and how it ended up in the UK.

That,s one of the nice things about having a Teg. Other petrol heads are often up for a chat when they see one.

Regards.

Rom

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Didn't think CW even has lacquer?..
ste01 said:
I don't think any of the colours do
Is this an in joke I don't know of?

I'm case it's not. Very few cars don't have lacquer, it's possible, paint wise, but 2K products are more widely used than 1K

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Is this an in joke I don't know of?

I'm case it's not. Very few cars don't have lacquer, it's possible, paint wise, but 2K products are more widely used than 1K
I think it's a joke about how thin and soft our paint is

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Can someone post a pic of this petrol cap holder? I have never noticed it in all the years owning my car.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Can someone post a pic of this petrol cap holder? I have never noticed it in all the years owning my car.
Hi.

The UK DC 2 had a metal slot inside the fuel flap, that the cap could be held in. The DC 5 has'nt got anything. I always put my fuel cap upside down just under the spoiler, in the hope that if I drive off having forgot to put it back Ill hear it fall off the boot lid.

Regards.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Just slot the cap into the part you hold up to get petrol. Forgot the damn name lol that way you can take pictures of your car whilst it fills up :p

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Just got it. If its under the lever you've got control of it. Good tip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Just realised everytime i did place it on the spoiler i did it facing up! So no petrol could have touched paint :D