Phoenix yellow dc5?

justJDM

Advanced Member
Hi all, i am un-decided. I just love the py ek9's and think a dc5 would look totally one off. My car is cw and is extremely clean so i am not in a rush or thought it over properly. Just would like to hear your thoughts about it. After all how many cw,blue black ones do you see?

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
I've seen a few PY RSX's and they look good, but I think to pull it off, you need to be LOW!! I don't think it would work on a non Stanced car.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
I love Phoenix yellow, i build a Phoenix yellow ep3 a few years back that got serious attention everywhere it was. even when it came to selling it was sold with in mins (and strong strong money aswell)

If done correctly a yellow Dc5 could be brilliant, i had toyed with the idea a few years back when i had my PreFacelift but never bothered due to financial reasons back then.

http://www.ilovebass.co.uk/article/169/david-coates-ep3-civic

http://www.showerks.com/main/?p=7139

Imo... If your prepared to pay good £ and make sure the paint job is perfect... Do it xthumbup xthumbup

justJDM

Advanced Member
Wow that looks amazing, i guess the engine would need to come out, or do you think a yellow and white engine bay would go?

justJDM

Advanced Member
Wow that looks amazing, i guess the engine would need to come out, or do you think a yellow and white engine bay would go?

David_showerks

Advanced Member
If it had of been a black dc5 you could of got away with it easy tho being white I'm not so sure.

It's a lot of money to spend with a risk of not to be happy at the end so imo you would be best to remove it. I couldn't imagine it being overly expensive to lift out and set back in again.

Do it once do it right imo.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Its all a matter of personal taste. I don't like yellow or red in general, on any Honda. But if you like it go for it

Erm

Advanced Member
David_showerks said:
Oh dear god dont plasti-dip, its the worst finish ever.

Just dont..... please!! lol
Inexpensive way of having it yellow that can be reversed as soon as he's bored of it..... can think of worse things if its something he needs to get out of his system

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Renault Liquid Gold is the only gold (yellow) worthy to be put on a DC5. I think about doing this more often than I should.

Future

Advanced Member
I looked at phoenix yellow when I was choosing the colour for my respray and was only put off by the cost.

JRM told me that they done a mitsubishi EVO in yellow and to get it really bright and vibrant it needed close to 10 coats of paint, and before that needed to be sprayed white. The cost for labour alone was way way more than pretty much any other colour.

To make matters worse the EVO got keyed not long after it was done and needed a full respray again.

Personally I think a phoenix yellow needs a few black areas to tone it down a bit. I've seen one with a black bonnet, spoiler and wheels on Google and it looks immense.

Type K

Advanced Member
dont think phoenix yellow suits dc5's at all, i had a dc2 in py and loved the look of it but dc5's look best in CW imo