PIAA tera lights

gonzo

Advanced Member
anyone got a photo of these installed - specifically the colour of the wire that needs editing!!!

Ta!

Evs

Advanced Member
I've got these on my motor. What's the problem? Not sure what you mean by 'editing' mate - do you mean for inserting the inline capsule? If so then it doesn't matter which wire you 'edit' as the capsule is just a resistor so you can put that either between the bulb and the positive feed or between the bulb and the earth. The LED needs to be inserted into the housing with the correct polarity but this is shown in the instructions. You won't do it any harm by putting it in the wrong way round, it just won't light up.

Does that help?

Evs

Advanced Member
Right, I've had a look at my installation... There's a black wire with silver bands and a red/yellow striped wire with silver bands. I've cut the red/yellow one and inserted the resistor into it. The red/yellow one is probably the live feed, the black one is probably the earth. As I said above though it doesn't matter which one you cut for the resistor as all this is doing is limiting the current through the LED, so it just needs to be connected somewhere in series with the LED. HTH?

Evs

Advanced Member
Did you get it sorted mate...?

...or did you cut the blue wire and blow yourself up??? :wink: :lol:

Suped

Advanced Member
Yep, but the kit does require some minor fiddling about. :lol: 30 min job max.

kingston

Advanced Member
30 min job are you insane son, these ones are simple to fit

anyway, fitted them the other day and tbh i dont thinkt heyre worth the money, the fitment isnt great as the male end is to big for the female end and only goes in a few mm

theyre bright but not what i was expecting, ie i was for some reason expecting a mini beam

and to top it all off, one of them must have worked its way lose from its housing so i went to pull it out and tape it back in - managed to drop it in the engine bay somewhere and listen to it rattle away.

Not fucking impressed as im sure you can imagine, only 60 quid wasted unless pri do replacement?

Suped

Advanced Member
Took me 30mins as I've changed the gold plated loom for direct solding wires and heat shrink for a better connection. I'm not sure they do replacements if you dropped it in your engine bay.

Get the torch out and find it with your girlie hands.!

kingston

Advanced Member
no just spoken to piaa direct and they only come in pairs :evil: think ill just get some white led ones from ixauto (who owns a teg and is on here) for 6 quid or wait till sunday when i can take the bumper off and have a look around. im hoping its got trapped in somewhere and wont fall out when driving along :x

typical though that i lost it when i went to fix it

also yo got the 4500k ones where you have to modify the wiring loom

Suped

Advanced Member
Typical...!! More than likely stuck in a crevess somewhere near the wing. Why didn't you get the Terra HIDs? You've spent a fortune on LED side lights so far. :shock:

kingston

Advanced Member
theyre only 10 quid more than you spent and i didnt have to cut the wires!

yeah im hoping its going to get 'wedged' in as i need to use it on thursday. will get the big power torch out later and have another look but my glasses keep sliding off when i turn my head upside down :lol:

i did try and rock it out by pressing down on the front wing - front wing didnt want to play and remained sturdy.

how much are the terra hids?