Pic Request: Rota Wheels

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hoping someone can help.

Can people post their pictures of either Rota Force or Rota Fighter wheels please.

Seen ones on google but they don't seem that good quality and most the threads on here no longer display images due to photobucket etc.

Thanks in advance.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If the JR5 are the same design then look at the first few page of my build thread for high res images of black ones on my CW DC5 mate as my car came with them on, I have since removed them and gone back to OEM.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
The Japan Racing wheels seems to have a better colour match to Rays Bronze

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Colour hard to show one the Rota too. In artificial light, they look like this. Much more bronze in direct sunlight though.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Only couple months old. Rotas new matte bronze.

17x8 et48 fighters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Colour hard to show one the Rota too. In artificial light, they look like this. Much more bronze in direct sunlight though.

Fancy a PX against some OEM ones? 👌🏼

Midnight

Advanced Member
Thanks so far gents.

This thread really hasn't helped. I'm even more confused. 🤣

I like the shine on the bronze but those Matt bronze look incredible in the light!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Thanks so far gents.

This thread really hasn't helped. I'm even more confused. 🤣

I like the shine on the bronze but those Matt bronze look incredible in the light!
Get the real deal, job done 😉.

Can't fault you on choice of spoke design the Rays CE28 will always be a firm favourite amongst none stance far car enthusiasts.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I agree with Chris. I‘m not a fan or cheaper cast wheels, yeah they look great and are cheaper but the flip side is they are weak. The amount of Rota‘s I‘ve heard of snap/fail and break, mainly on track makes me want to stay clear of them sndcthe likes.

I‘d rather wait and buy genuine forged alloys and know they are of high quality that will last.

If just fircroad then they can be fine but under pressure On track etc I would stay clear personally

Midnight

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I agree with Chris. I‘m not a fan or cheaper cast wheels, yeah they look great and are cheaper but the flip side is they are weak. The amount of Rota‘s I‘ve heard of snap/fail and break, mainly on track makes me want to stay clear of them sndcthe likes.

I‘d rather wait and buy genuine forged alloys and know they are of high quality that will last.

If just fircroad then they can be fine but under pressure On track etc I would stay clear personally
Area Motorsport use them on their track cars with not one failure. We'd love Volks/Rays but our car doesn't sit in a heated garage and never used. The car is used and the saving compared to CE'N's can go towards upgrades that will improve the car.

I guess like most things it's a compromise.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Had about 5 sets of rotas and all my cars get used on track. Not one problem....

I do always buy the brand new and not second hand though as I don‘t know how they have been looked after previously.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Just buy the ones Chris is selling and then paint them in any colour you want.

That's what I was thinking but buying new is not much difference.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Just buy the ones Chris is selling and then paint them in any colour you want.

That's what I was thinking but buying new is not much difference.
Why would I do that when can get brand new for similar price?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
If you need any more pics of mine in the matte bronze let me know mate

Midnight

Advanced Member
Alex_Wilson said:
If you need any more pics of mine in the matte bronze let me know mate

Please yes. They look amazing!