picked up my teg type r last week

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
I rarely get worked up, but this guy needs a good fucking beating.

I would suggest all you that have bought it turn up en mass and ask for an explaination.

I can stand dishonesty - what a piece of scum.

I still maintain he can be had by trading standards under misdescription. With the RAC report that someone had done, he gets a copy so there is proof he knows he is selling a wreck.

Post his number up, and once you have your cheque I suggest he gets some serious abuse :x

NumberoftheBeast

Re: refund

wild6440 said:
:( took the car for a service, the guy that sold it to me had rewired the dash so i couldnt see the warning lights the cars totally feck, abs not working the diff has gone and the chassis wasnt straight, the reg was YC53 FLO please noone buy this car if he sells in the future. trying to get my money back today.lookin for a new one now absolutely gutted :(

I am looking at them on the Trader now and there is a blue one with the reg YC53FOL... Is this what you meant???

keevster

Advanced Member
Re: refund

NumberoftheBeast said:
wild6440 said:
:( took the car for a service, the guy that sold it to me had rewired the dash so i couldnt see the warning lights the cars totally feck, abs not working the diff has gone and the chassis wasnt straight, the reg was YC53 FLO please noone buy this car if he sells in the future. trying to get my money back today.lookin for a new one now absolutely gutted :(

I am looking at them on the Trader now and there is a blue one with the reg YC53FOL... Is this what you meant???
Nah its a white one mate, surely there aint two cars with the same reg too :roll:

Paul :wink:

NumberoftheBeast

Cheers,

That's cleared that up.

It's either a DC5 or Clio V6 at the mo for me...

I asked in a separate thread about them, what to look for etc. I think there are different models and I wouldn't know which one to get

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
I'm amazed that given the state of the car, people are actually buying it though? I dont mean this in a bad way, but if I had no clue on cars I would without a second of doubt get an indipendant check on it.

wild6440

hpi check came up with nothing guys all i thought was wrong with it was cosmetics he made out that he knew nothing of any damage the cheques in the bank now am waitin for it to clear

fast_eddie

Once all this is sorted and the money is clear can we make his garage stand out on this forum like a sore thumb.
If he has done this to 3 people with one car, what is the rest of his stock like?

Sorry if Ive missed a similar post?

keevster

Advanced Member
Dark Blue Mark said:
I'm amazed that given the state of the car, people are actually buying it though? I dont mean this in a bad way, but if I had no clue on cars I would without a second of doubt get an indipendant check on it.

Exactly Mark, i dont mean it in a bad way either, but unless you have a very keen eye with inspecting a car, i would always take someone that does have a keen eye.

I have a fairly keen eye myself through years of experience, but my mates attention to detail is second to none. Regardless of what i think i know i always take him along, as a pound to a penny he will always spot what i dont :wink:

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Alas an HPi will reveal nothing if the damage didnt occur in this country.

Paul, im the same as you, I know enough for the main points, but one of those mates who is v good with paintwork is invaluable. I bough a couple of cars in my time with paint issues - never again! You live and learn...

I went to look at an 03 plate STi at a well know Subaru outfit (APi) and the car had been involved in a biiiiig accident. Befre I spent a load of money travelling up, I checked with the owner of the company numbers of times asking if it was A1 and he told me it was.

There wasn't a panel right with it, and he knew it. I was furious. Smae thing as here, someone esle had been to see it and had an RAC check done on it, but only got in touch with me after I posted up about the car. Someone would have bought it though, as it wasnt totally obvious unless you knew a few pointes about panels and paint.

I reported him on 22B.com and I dont think he sold it in the end :) About 3 people saw my post, who were going to buy it so I was quite pleased :)

Forums are great.

p3eps

When I bought it, I'd travelled 450 miles to Wales from Aberdeen - and had no other way of getting home! The dealer seemed genuine in the 3 weeks I'd been speaking to him about the car and had described it as immaculate and even sent me heaps of pictures.

When I got there, he picked me up from the station, but it was pouring rain. I looked round the car a few times but to be honest, (to an untrained eye) the car does look pretty good. I noticed a few stone chips on the front bumper and at first I couldnt get the car into 5th. I spoke to the dealer about this - he then took me out and showed me it going into 5th loads of times. I then tried again and managed fine.

I knocked him down from £13000 to £11850 and then set off.

It wasnt till I was home and staring at the car I noticed the bumpers not lining up properly, and then I noticed the paint runs etc. It was then I got the inspection done - and thank god I did!

The dealer pleaded ignorance, and arranged for a driver to collect the car. Clearly he knew all about it - as he's now gone on to sell it for a 3rd time in this state.

sims_delight

keevster said:
Dark Blue Mark said:
Exactly Mark, i dont mean it in a bad way either, but unless you have a very keen eye with inspecting a car, i would always take someone that does have a keen eye.
Alas though, when you're buying a car you are inevitably filled with emotion and overlook any faults the car may have. :wink:

With regards to this particular vehicle, sooner or later someone will buy it and not be on a car forum of any kind and the dealer will eventually get away :x

wild6440

thanx for all the help and support guys this website is a godsend does anyone know of any dealers that i can get an immaculate dc5 from

keevster

Advanced Member
sims_delight said:
Alas though, when you're buying a car you are inevitably filled with emotion and overlook any faults the car may have. :wink:

:x
Exactly mate, totally agree with you, done it myself in the past, but that was on 500 quid cars, not cars worth 13k. But yes it is all to easy, things do get missed, even at times for someone who does have experience, the emotions ect do take over.

Thats why it is essential that you should always take someone, they aint filled full of emotion as there not buying, so they can take a standback view of the car, and failing that, dig your hands into your pockets and pay a reputable motor technician to carryout the check for you, exactly what the first bloke eventually done. That is the joy of 3 month warranties sold with cars, you have the option to get it checked after purchase, and if it aint right, then a full refund ensures, or its trading standards, where you will win your case.

And Mark well done on the STI, these tossers should be named and shamed. Unfotunately these things happen all too often, but my old saying in life is, what goes around comes around :lol: :evil:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
I really cant believe that this car has been sold again -this company alpine are both dishonest and stupid.

Its going to come back to him time and time again - I think hes hoping that he can keep giving a refund when the new owner finds out about the cars history until someone sticks with it. Worse thing is, not all DC5 new owners find there way on to here - someone might very well get stuck with the car and have all the expense of fixing it later down the line and worse, then not being able to sell it again in the future.

This dealer is going to have to accept his misguided ways and spend the £££ to have this car put back to as close to standard out of the factory condition as possible and then re-advertise it and hopefully minimize his losses... even then, after all this fiasco - the chances of him finding a buyer for this car now (even fully repaired) are slim because of the bad exposure it has had on all the forums..

Whatever is coming to this guy in terms of negative attention from Trading standards etc he deserves now.....

Its a tough market being the best you can be in the importing of Jap sports cars - i know. And dealers like this do nothing for the general reputation of fresh Japanese import cars.

As i said before and as mentioned on this thread - a HPI check isnt worth s**t on a fresh import - you might as burn your £40+ hpi fee. they cant tell you anything about the car PRE import.

Bimta are the same - to my knowledge - all they can tell you is that the mileage is prob right and that the car wasnt reported stolen etc in japan -nothing on auction grading or specifics though...

People need to know the history of the car there buying from Japan.

Even auction sheets supplied by the seller could be tampered with in digital format quite easily so there has to be a better system to catch out sellers like this....

I wonder if i can start something with my agent in Japan to help people out with Hpi ing there import - say on cars imported from now if we can develop a database on the most popular models.......... :idea:

It might be possible with the right sortware to capture the infomation from the auction sheets...

Bear in mind, most performance Jap sports cars are sold at auction (i would say more than 90%)

anyway, just thinking out loud - i will of course let you know if i manage to sort anything out like mentioned above in the future. dont know how possible it would be to do this and it might be easier to just email Bimta and see if we can pressure them in to starting this system up asap

Andy
200bhpcars.com

Option

Advanced Member
Assuming its the same person selling this car, surely the information held on this forum is evidence enough for trading standards etc that the 'trader' is deliberately misleading purchasers as to the condition of the car.

Stu

p3eps

I have contacted trading standards already - who are passing it onto the Welsh Trading standards. Hopefully he wont get a chance to sell it a 4th time!

It wouldnt be so bad if he was selling it for £8000 or something and telling any prospective owners about its damage... its the fact he's trying to get £13k and selling it as immaculate every time thats annoying me.

wild6440

back on sale

hey guys got my money back lookin for a new one as we speak. one problem hes got the car for sale again saw it on the fore court he hasnt put it on the net yet tho. i hope noone thinks theyre gettin a bargain like i did. trying to get in touch with top gear and watchdog this week, again thanx for all the positive feedback.