pics of my smashed teg!!!! write off or not???????

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
probably not, depends on chassis damage really.

Take it down to tgm for a quote, they are the experts at repairing them.

ADHDboy

Advanced Member
Depending on your Insurer they won't replace all those items.
Exhaust might even be OEM replacement, even then you might have to make a contribution.

Wheels and tyres, how come ??
Tyres will only ever be replaced at a percentage, Insurance will never pay for 4 new wheels and tyres (well unless you were on your way home from having brand new tyres fitted and they were completely ruined by the accident)

The only way I can see that being a right off is if courtesy car costs (if applicable) inhibit the cost of repair due to waiting for parts, or if the chassis is damaged more than you think.

keevster

Advanced Member
Think it will be down to chassis damage, it dont look the worst, but again there are a lot of variables that comes into it

Paul :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
those pics dont make it seem so bad, though the list is quite extensive.....

i wouldnt base it too much on chassis damage though, try and work out the overall cost to repair it, if its above a certain percentage of the car's calue it'll get written off. ive seen cars written off for less in the past...........

p_r_e

obviously the headlight area is rite in behind the wing now and the main damage is at the very front and underneath jst behind the front bumper , i know for a fact it will need to be jigged, all 4 wheels are buckeled and chipped so they will need replacing, iwud take it somewhere myself the fact i have a bent suspension strut and a snapped steering arm makes it pretty difficult to move, gonna cost a fair wack tho i rekon

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
nah, i dont think its gonna be written off... used DC5 parts from Japan chop shop is really cheap. RSX parts are also useable, as for the chassis, there are machines that can pull it back together to return it to its original layout... it doesn't look major enough bro, youre lucky.

your car can be repaired to be good as new...

dan the man

Advanced Member
Yes i think they will write that off.

Azzs car was less worse and that got wrote off as estimate was 11k for all the parts. yours needs more..

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Looks like it will polish out with some t-cut :wink:

Seriously - if the chassis is intact and there's no bending in the roof/sub-frame then they may well have a crack at fixing it.

mikegsi

Staff member
dan the man said:
Yes i think they will write that off.

Azzs car was less worse and that got wrote off as estimate was 11k for all the parts. yours needs more..
:xstupid:

i would push for it to be written off tbh, no car is ever the same once its been jigged

Yambo

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
:xstupid:

i would push for it to be written off tbh, no car is ever the same once its been jigged
Are you still allowed to Jig cars??

I'd really try for it being written off, get out there and bend it more lol (but don't really!! :wink: )

Raffe

Advanced Member
ADHDboy said:
Tyres will only ever be replaced at a percentage, Insurance will never pay for 4 new wheels and tyres (well unless you were on your way home from having brand new tyres fitted and they were completely ruined by the accident)
Not true, I had a side impact with a kerb, I had brand new tyres and wheels fitted as they were no longer deemed safe and the tyres were very low.

benny

Advanced Member
there is a guy on ebay braking a blue one at the mo, perhaps you can get some of the parts cheapish?

p_r_e

if im honnest because it will of done some damage to the chasis sumwhere along the line i really dont want it bk on the road,as like mike says it wnt be the same car!!!!!
id rather have the cash to buy someting like an fd2 or im looking at the moment at an a4 2.5 diesel with s4 kit on it which is my m8s

p_r_e

at the right price my m8, insurance guy is comin 2moro so i will let u all know on monday if it is written off, and then let the parts fest begin

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
The funny thing about needing 4 new wheels is that you'd be about £400 cheaper getting a brand new set of Volk CE28's or TE37s than a set of Honda OEM wheels!!

I'd be surprised if it need the front right chassis leg, as there does not appear to be massive encroachment in that area of the car. Seen one that looked worse, and was straight in all the right places. :idea:
If it does need a front sub frame then that is a LOT of work. It is a solid lump though, and again can take a lot of force before being damaged.
The front bumper beam is under £100, so no issues with that.

Not really sure, your pics say no write off, but your parts list says yes write off!! :?

p_r_e

as i said tho was mainly sideways over a high cerb that caused the damage only hit the fence at 20-30mph, where as the cerb was at about 80mph, u cant really see from the pics like u say but the chasis legs are bent towards the drivers sode if u look from the front not by lot but enuff to cause probs, as the head light area has bin bent bk behind the wing, and a whole new bit will need welding in which surrounds the radiator etc, i was thinkin even tho its worth 10k+ car the parts and everything wud be a pain to get hold of and it needs jiggin so will prob b a write off

benny

Advanced Member
as long as im considered for that throttle body if it all goes pair shaped!!!