Pics of your different front ARB's please

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Just wondering if folk could share some pics of their different ARB's other than the standard one.

Reason I'm asking is because my DC sports manifold keeps hitting off the standard ARB. I've read that some have had the same problem, whereas others seems to be fine with the DC?

But anyway, without seeing the products in real life it's hard to tell if any are shaped differently in the middle to clear the manifold. If I could see some pics of the actual ARB it would make things a lot easier.

Much appreciated.

Chris

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
my DC manifold doesnt hit the standard ARB i would assume most aftermarket ones will be the same shape but maybe just a few mm thicker in some cases..

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Hmm..just that looking at some, for example whiteline/cusco they seem to be shaped differently in the middle. But as I said, those pics might not be of the actual product.

I'm not sure why I have a problem with my manifold and others don't. I have the ES engine mount inserts installed before anyone asks :(

cmhshek

Advanced Member
As far as I'm aware they're just OEM one's. Would fitting different one's make a difference?

dave7368

Advanced Member
Sorry, no photos, but my DC Sports manifold doesn't hit the standard ARB either.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
different droplinks could rotate the arb a little,

it could possibly be an engine mount or the wrong arb, but it definately looks odd to me , from memory the jdm antiroll bar usually clears everything

hopefully somone else can post up a photo of theirs

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Here's a wider view:

Can someone confirm if mine is EP3 from this pic?

It certainly looks a bit different to your cusco one jpstyper but I'm not sure if it's just the angle.

And if so why the hell would the previous owner(s) do such a thing :xangry:

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Chris, the OE EP3 bar would clear the DC header even more than the JDM one would. The DC header was designed for the US ARB which is the same shape as the UK one if I remember rightly.

Not sure why your ARB touches to be honest. Maybe try an EP3 bar instead?

Stevie

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
maybe the droplinks are a bit short which is tipping the bar slightly forward? slightly longer droplinks would lift the front of the bar tipping the central part backwards . the actual length of the droplinks doesnt alter the stiffness of the bar as long as they are the same, it only positions it

2ndy

Advanced Member
I think when you got a DC sports manifold to keep the warranty you have to fit either solid engine mounts or the mount inserts so that might be why?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i seem to think normally when the engine mounts fail the engine tips back so it would be away from the arb, the insert kit is cheap enough and easyenough to fit so definately worth a punt

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Eight Speed said:
That's a JDM DC5 bar you have by the way ;)
Thanks for confirming this Stevie. At least it saves me money buying an aftermarket one only to find out that isn't the problem.

And I've already got the ES inserts installed..the drivers side engine mount did need replacing as well which I hoped was the problem but it wasn't :(

Could it be that I have the wrong drop links fitted? Anyone have pics of these for size?

Much appreciated guys.

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
100% wrong length drop links.
Im going to guess that a previous owner has put ep3 drop links on.
Ep3 front drop links and dc5 drop links are nearly 30mm difference in Bar length, same story on the rears

cmhshek

Advanced Member
Lewis.mac said:
100% wrong length drop links.
Im going to guess that a previous owner has put ep3 drop links on.
Ep3 front drop links and dc5 drop links are nearly 30mm difference in Bar length, same story on the rears
Hopefully that is the problem. But from what I understand, they're both the same length and are listed as both EP3/DC5?

I think the rears are different but not sure about the fronts mind.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i seem to think they are different length to an ep3 as the lower arms are different and of course the antiroll bar itself is different (ep3 is too narrow for a start)

you cant trust online parts listings eurocar parts and people like that always think ep3 & dc5 share parts like that.