Pioneer F-Series... anyone really know their stuff?

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
Is there any folks on here that really know what they're on about when it comes to the Pioneer F-Series units? I have an F710BT that got a bit borked after I did a firmware update...

I can boot into Windows CE and swap files around and all that, I just need a helping hand to get it all up and running... no point me posting all the nooks and crannies until I know there's someone here worth telling them too :p

PITA this thing I tell ya.

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
I have dabbled a bit with my F900 but am no expert i am afraid.

Probably best bet would be posting something on AVIC411.com

They are usually quite helpful at fixing a bricked unit

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
nono don't get me wrong, you certainly don't have to mess around with all the file system etc I just chose to, and btw its all working fine now...

works fine out of the box ;)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
VTeCMonKeY said:
nono don't get me wrong, you certainly don't have to mess around with all the file system etc I just chose to, and btw its all working fine now...

Thanks for that :D does the 710 have post code navigation and bluetooth built in?? Also would I need a cable for Ipod connection? Thanks David ;)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
VTeCMonKeY said:

Still not sure whether to go for this HU...I now see that it has Bluetooth and I`ll probs be buying an up to date Ipod soon but cant seem to find any user reviews at all and really need to know if this has full postcode search on the gps :? Thanks, David

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
VTeCMonKeY said:

Still not sure whether to go for this HU...I now see that it has Bluetooth and I`ll probs be buying an up to date Ipod soon but cant seem to find any user reviews at all and really need to know if this has full postcode search on the gps :? Thanks, David
Bluetooth, Post Codes and iPod (& iPhone) integration all work fine ;)

The only reason to step up to the 910 is if you want to play DVDs, bear in mind that the 710 can play movies through the ipod perfectly fine so i didn't really see value for money in the upgrade...