Pioneer SPH-DA120 sat nav

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hi

I currently have the above stereo fitted in my car. Does anyone have a sat nav app that is linked and mirrored to this? I was going to buy a TomTom but seems pointless if I have this stereo. Could I just download the TomTom app and it will work on this stereo? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to stereos etc!

Any help appreciated. 👍🏻

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I need to users sat nav whilst driving around Europe. So I don't want to use up my data allowance just on maps! I need something I can download and then use the GPS to navigate my around. But I want it to be on the stereo itself.

p1tse

Advanced Member
I can understand wanting to take full advantage of the stereo

But having a nav which has suction on the windscreen with wires dangling isn't the neatest, but having at better line of sight is an advantage; especially those which shows you speed information of areas etc

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I need to users sat nav whilst driving around Europe. So I don't want to use up my data allowance just on maps! I need something I can download and then use the GPS to navigate my around. But I want it to be on the stereo itself.
You can download areas in Google maps (obviously do that when in UK on WiFi) which then allows your to access them offline. I did this in France at the beginning of the year. Downloaded multiple areas.

There are also plenty of other maps in the app store now that have offline areas/countries.

Alternatively you can either purchase a Three SIM card (30 day for less than £20), which comes with free data in France, and other countries. Obviously means you won't get messages until you swap your SIM back, but it's a solution.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones?id=1401&aidset=1

The other option is to speak with your current network provider. I'm with Vodafone and get 2GB of roaming data in my monthly package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk