Piper Manifold Anyone ? ** Just had it fitted and mapped **

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Piper Manifold Anyone ?

i cannot see how that can produce 22hp just as a bolt on, maybe with kpro etc, but not a chance without

SOLO-ITR2007

Advanced Member

I agree.

No matter what tuning is needed to make if anything close to those numbers. The only company header/exhaust setup that I know that could produce numbers like that is HYTECH and even then you need K-Pro and good tuning to achieve that if not more power. But they are pricey and they take forever to recieve after ordering them (at least 5-6 months) but I have heard and have experienced it taking longer.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member

So far here (UK) the best numbers have been produced with a Buddyclub header followed by Toda and then Spoon (loses out lower down but works well at high rpm, )

ReKo

Advanced Member

The sports-cat sounds interesting (I'm not one for re-fitting parts just for a MOT).

If I've got a Gruppe M and Mugen Twinloop catback and I then get this manifold fitted does anyone know if it's safe to run without KPRO?
Ideally I'd like to do the two together but it would be a nice inbetween stage.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member

generally its the mani coupled with a decat that will make them run lean

FL45H

I have one on mine, the sound is awesome!

before the S/C I was running a Spoon N1 rear box and standard mani and B pipe. I fitted the piper manifold (decat version) and its soooo loud, good build and excellent fit. no complaints.

I know CPL very well and he says its the best manifold out there, and has the option for a cat. I got mine because I knew the S/C was going in within a few weeks and he said it will give more gains than the DC Sports etc.

My dyno chart is in the sticky at the top.

qamvti

Advanced Member

C&S Evo7 said:
So far here (UK) the best numbers have been produced with a Buddyclub header followed by Toda and then Spoon (loses out lower down but works well at high rpm, )
What do you think about the DC sports main.

George K

Advanced Member

This is listed for the EP3 - will it fit the DC5 100% correctly? It is very attractive for Production Class motorsport as the price is good and it has a proper motorpsorts CAT.

Zen1

Advanced Member

Just got back from Tdi North after having a remap with this piper 4-2-1 manifold and sports cat.

4 1/2 hours later and approx 12 dyno runs I got 250bhp and 171.2 lbft torque.
Took longer than normal as paul had never mapped the piper on a Dc5...only Ep3's.
He said it acheived over 250bhp on a number of occasions but settled on the final map of 250bhp for reasons more technical than I understand.

Really happy with the results and don't have to worry about emmisions comes mot time. :)

EndaITR

Advanced Member
What the diameter of the piping from the head?

Id be interested in this if it gave gains of the DC Sports mani..Id be goin with the decat version :)