Pistonheads feature - who's famous??

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Nice little feature.

On a side note, have people seen how much prices of S200's are now? They've rocketed in price more so than Tegs.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
It to me does not look like the best example to represent such a car :-(

There look to be others for sale in better form than that imo but nice for the DC5 to be mentioned again

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
It to me does not look like the best example to represent such a car :-(

There look to be others for sale in better form than that imo but nice for the DC5 to be mentioned again
Tbh should have had yours on there mate! OEM, Classic CW colour and Immaculate!

nails

Advanced Member
I guess they were trying to pick one that was sort of affordable and fairly standard, to be fair, cloudy headlights and a bit of dirt on the seats does not make a bad car. Apart from those things the car looks in excellent condition. The advert is quite well written with plenty of information etc.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Nice little feature.

On a side note, have people seen how much prices of S200's are now? They've rocketed in price more so than Tegs.
Yeah I've noticed that. Not looked in a great amount of detail before but had an itch for one earlier in the year and was looking at prices! Crazy 😂. Only one I would want in reality would have been an Imola Orange facelift or one of those limited edition Lime green ones. Both commanding a high premium!

I ended up deciding against it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Tbh should have had yours on there mate! OEM, Classic CW colour and Immaculate!
Cheers mate, I am in need of a few things still to make it perfect (drivers seat although I have done the lower bolster has slight wear on the drivers upper right one) so will one day replace the top of the seat if one ever comes up for the right price) but both have covers now to prevent further damage.

Wheels and calipers to be refurbished next then finally fit all the parts I have, will be getting a clockwise baffle fitted to the sump when the MOT and service are done by TGM in Sept.

90% of the cars I have done have kept their OEM look but had hidden upgrades both performance and handling to ensure the car looks as it should but performs better where possible.

I just need to use it as since May 2nd I have done 18 miles (apart from the journeys too and from TGM) :-(

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Cheers mate, I am in need of a few things still to make it perfect (drivers seat although I have done the lower bolster has slight wear on the drivers upper right one) so will one day replace the top of the seat if one ever comes up for the right price) but both have covers now to prevent further damage.

Wheels and calipers to be refurbished next then finally fit all the parts I have, will be getting a clockwise baffle fitted to the sump when the MOT and service are done by TGM in Sept.

90% of the cars I have done have kept their OEM look but had hidden upgrades both performance and handling to ensure the car looks as it should but performs better where possible.

I just need to use it as since May 2nd I have done 18 miles (apart from the journeys too and from TGM) :-(
The pictures look stunning I must say.

I regret not keeping mine oem+.

Selling soon but the next car I get won't be tampered with too much!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The pictures look stunning I must say.

I regret not keeping mine oem+.

Selling soon but the next car I get won't be tampered with too much!

I have been really closed to selling up also mate nothing about the car but a few things in life changing etc. What you going for next?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I saw this on Facebook as it was being advertised on eBay.

£8.5k?! It needs a bloody good detail to fetch that kind of money.

Poor example to use really. Should have contacted someone on here to do a feature on it.

2ndy

Advanced Member
The car needs a polish, big deal. It's just not some tarted up thing like most. Good honest car

jammy02

Advanced Member
i am afraid to say the big deal is it looks shitty due to its condition. That car is meant to be representing the worth of actually writing an article about the DC5.. and giving the best impression possible. This doesn't. Nice read though.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Think it's good they did the article just feel the content of it is a bit average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nails

Advanced Member
jammy02 said:
i am afraid to say the big deal is it looks excrementty due to its condition. That car is meant to be representing the worth of actually writing an article about the DC5.. and giving the best impression possible. This doesn't. Nice read though.
Granted the torn and dirty seats look poor, but apart from that and the headlights it looks pretty good to me?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I think the car looks fine, bit insulting to the owner imo who could well be on here.

Perhaps it's not as well cared for as some of the examples on here but I've seen far worse Tegs.