Pistonheads feature - who's famous??

2ndy

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I think the car looks fine, bit insulting to the owner imo who could well be on here.

Perhaps it's not as well cared for as some of the examples on here but I've seen far worse Tegs.
Well said!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I have been really closed to selling up also mate nothing about the car but a few things in life changing etc. What you going for next?
90% sure an FD2. Went and had a look at one the other weekend that a current owner was nice enough to show me around etc. Must say it genuinely felt like a substantial upgrade on the DC5. As you said in another thread 5k plus more I wasn't sure about initially. But it felt very similar to my modified dc5 (fd2 was oem). And the fact it does that from factory is a big benefit for me. As it drives me crackers when you modify something and it either isn't to expectation or something else then becomes a weakest link.

Anyway enough of my ramblings haha.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
90% sure an FD2. Went and had a look at one the other weekend that a current owner was nice enough to show me around etc. Must say it genuinely felt like a substantial upgrade on the DC5. As you said in another thread 5k plus more I wasn't sure about initially. But it felt very similar to my modified dc5 (fd2 was oem). And the fact it does that from factory is a big benefit for me. As it drives me crackers when you modify something and it either isn't to expectation or something else then becomes a weakest link.

The FD2 does seem like a real upgrade on the DC5 in every way possible, handling, chassis, gearbox and feel of the car. I'd love to go in one I really like them and uber rare too.

There's a lovely Silver one for sale on EK9.org at the moment - £15,500 in case anyone was after one.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
The FD2 does seem like a real upgrade on the DC5 in every way possible, handling, chassis, gearbox and feel of the car. I'd love to go in one I really like them and uber rare too.

There's a lovely Silver one for sale on EK9.org at the moment - £15,500 in case anyone was after one.
Totally agree mate. Does feel like a genuine upgrade. On paper no granted but in real life I think so!

I've seen that silver one. It is lovely! Not looking to pay much more than 14k to be honest. If and when I do feel free to have a nosey Marc. Sure DC5 forum could do another Evo triangle run

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I'd love to do another run but the Fabia isn't capable enough to meet the demands of them roads. Lol
If we were to arrange one. Could just hop in with one of us lot

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Sounds good mate! I may be back in a Teg in the coming months but it's hard to tell at the moment. Let us know if get something arranged.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:

Mmm interesting to know as two people have discussed part ex's with me for my dc5 and cash for their fd2's, but as much as I like them I feel the dc5 has a very nice look about it and I just wonder if the additional cash would be better used on something very very special later on (when if things go to plan) I could even keep the dc5 also....

Need to think about this as both have increasing prices...

Are you at simply Japanese tomorrow mate?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Mmm interesting to know as two people have discussed part ex's with me for my dc5 and cash for their fd2's, but as much as I like them I feel the dc5 has a very nice look about it and I just wonder if the additional cash would be better used on something very very special later on (when if things go to plan) I could even keep the dc5 also....

Need to think about this as both have increasing prices...

Are you at simply Japanese tomorrow mate?
Yeah. DC5 is a lovely looking car.

I'm not no mate. Not got any shows planned tbh. Are you?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Yeah. DC5 is a lovely looking car.

I'm not no mate. Not got any shows planned tbh. Are you?

Yeah, well planning to weather dependant at the moment, literally started cleaning the car as I've not had a chance since picking it up and it started raining grrrr

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Yeah, well planning to weather dependant at the moment, literally started cleaning the car as I've not had a chance since picking it up and it started raining grrrr
Oops:/