Places to buy backbox's for the DC5

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
Looking to change the backbox on mine as its a bit rattly - any places people would recommend?

I'm only looking for backbox's only - so i guess a custom could be doable, not looking for mega noise!!

Has a supersprint mid pipe fitted to mine recently.. took it off cos it was too loud lol - i think i'm getting old :(

Basically just want to order a backbox asap

Cheers

Tarmac

Advanced Member
there's heaps of places to get proper cat back systems but if you wanna go the butcher route and weld a box onto the cat-back pipe then any motor "megastore" would have the kinda thing. halfrauds probably even do them?

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
but if you wanna go the butcher route and weld a box onto the cat-back pipe
Wouldnt say its butchering mate - common place to match up a different mid pipe with backboxes/manifolds... on my CTR i had a DC sports manifold with supersprint unsilenced midpipe and magnex back box.. just the sound/gains i wanted..

So i'm just basically looking for a replacement box, i guess magnex wouldnt do one for this would they? dont think the oval would suit it tbh

I didnt think of TGM, they fitted my midpipe - tom supplies to? 8)

Yeah i'm from croydon which is south east london

mikegsi

Staff member
tom certainly does supply mate, any proper exhaust place should be able to put something on for you, i hear that peco do a lovely range of back boxes :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
dan the man said:
big BOAR 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
in my 'peak' of vauxhall enthusiasm i owned both the bb2 and the bb4!
mixed with a cherry bomb middle not so silent silencer! :D