Plasti dip Thoughts?

alimujahid_dc5

Hey guys,

So i want to know how many of you guys have used 'plasti dip' as i am thinking about using it on my alloys in the near future and where is the best place to go to buy it?

If you have got some pictures to add so i can see the quality..

Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
A friend of mine used it on his alloys on his audi and had loads of problems with it blistering and peeling. And cost him more to do it than just paint as it wasn't covering the surface well.

alimujahid_dc5

Yeah i thought so was skeptical of the quality of the product itself i guess for interior trims it's okay...

Alright cheers for the feedback guys

hondaft

Advanced Member
I plastidipped my wheels about a year and a half ago and they lasted pretty well.

A few months ago though they have started wearing away though and I think I'm just going to get them powder coated. I should have just done that in the first place I think even though they have lasted quite well. I did have to re-do the front two when I got new tyres since they peeled, so for the sake of an extra 100 odd quid I would say just get them powder coated.

I wash my car every week though so that probably made it wear slightly quicker :p

alimujahid_dc5

Yeah i do like the powder coating method has a set of ATR alloys on my EP3 which came in powder coated matte/satin black and looked really good, what companies do you recommend for powder coating?

hondaft

Advanced Member
alimujahid_dc5 said:
Yeah i do like the powder coating method has a set of ATR alloys on my EP3 which came in powder coated matte/satin black and looked really good, what companies do you recommend for powder coating?
Will just depend on where you're based really mate, I'm in Glasgow and know a guy that does all 4 for around £200 and quite a few of my mates have had theirs done there and theyre spot on.

Not 100% on autodip but most US companies don't ship aerosols to the UK :(