Plastic trim on roof...

Grov

Banned
Hi guys, is there an easy method for taking the black plastic trim off the length of the roof. There is a lot of moss and dirt around these trim bits, and it looks like you could take them out and give it a good clean, but there seems to be metal clips underneath or something.....

Stoo

Whining.....
Push the front edge towards the rear and unclip from the hooks beneath

hondazzz

Advanced Member
hmm i have a Q. too about that roof trim.. mine have faded and are full of spots...
i need some of those roof trims,you know where to find online?i tried some breakers but they said they didnt have any...

@Grov:thanks for letting me use your the thread! :xcheers:

dc2-cjh

hondazzz said:
hmm i have a Q. too about that roof trim.. mine have faded and are full of spots...
i need some of those roof trims,you know where to find online?i tried some breakers but they said they didnt have any...

Email enquiries@tougedistribution.com say I said to contact as they should be able to get you these mate and at a good price also

Carl

hondazzz

Advanced Member
dc2-cjh said:
hondazzz said:

Email enquiries@tougedistribution.com say I said to contact as they should be able to get you these mate and at a good price also

Carl

Thanks mate :wink:

Kinli

Advanced Member
Roof molding R 74306-S6M-003
Roof molding L 74316-S6M-003
Bracket (u need one for both sides) 74308-ST0-003

The moldings are about $22 / side from the states.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Kinli said:
Roof molding R 74306-S6M-003
Roof molding L 74316-S6M-003
Bracket (u need one for both sides) 74308-ST0-003

The moldings are about $22 / side from the states.

thanks for the part numbers mate!!!

Grov

Banned
Stoo said:
Just tried it again, and it don't seem to want to unclip easily. You mean slide the whole thing towards the back of the car? I don't wanna lift it trying to unhook it and snap it or some crap.

grrrr.

Kinli

Advanced Member
Grov said:
Stoo said:
Just tried it again, and it don't seem to want to unclip easily. You mean slide the whole thing towards the back of the car? I don't wanna lift it trying to unhook it and snap it or some crap.

grrrr.
Here you go. :)

Grov

Banned
Yeah, cheers got it off about 5 seconds after i posted this, lol.

Cleaned all the crap out, looks way better. 8)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
at first i was like :-k.. the easiest way to do this is to use your finger and pull the trim away from the roof 6 inches from the front window then the front pretty much unclips itself, lift the trim out all the way from the front to the back and when a few inches from the back just pull it towards the front and the rear will unclip.

A quick clean and replace them and it looks so much better :)

Grov

Banned
yeah definatly, i had a line of moss on mine all the way alone, looks way better now. Just need to take the spoiler off, there is loads of crap under there. There is also sticky foam under there isn't there? can you re-use it, or do you have to take it the stuff off if you remove the spoiler.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
i will order them tommorow...anyone knows if i can use the same clips from the old trim?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
order new trim? the trim goes straight back on, unless your trim is damaged?

hondazzz

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
order new trim? the trim goes straight back on, unless your trim is damaged?

yeap unfortunately it has..faded ,full of spots... use some products but couldnt save it so am ordering new.. 40-45GBP..wasted(since its not for upgrades-mods :xlol: )

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
ahhh, the clips are one the trim so no need to worry about the old ones

hondazzz

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
ahhh, the clips are one the trim so no need to worry about the old ones

well, looking at the part numbers list..the clips are purchased seperately...so am wondering if i can get the old ones off and install them on the new one..