Please help confirm my EML diagnosis(A/F sensor)-Vid uploaded

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Did the self diagnosis with my engine warning light and got the following results-please see below.

Now im reading that as code 48? Does the ABS flashing matter at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv0N6KQAZmE

Help me out before I go and buy something I dont need! Must note that I do have a decat fitted to the car?
Many thanks guys

nellly

Advanced Member
looks like 48 to me and 61 for the ABS codes not sure what they mean though as i cant find the list for them

code for eml http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html

P1157

11-84

Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Range/Performance Problem

P1158

11-85

Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) AFS- Terminal Low Voltage

P1159

11-86

Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) AFS+ Terminal Low Voltage

P1162

11-93

11-88

Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Circuit Malfunction

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hmmm so the primary one is goosed?

The car runs fine though? Im just wondering if its common for a decat to set off the eml and trick the ecu into thinking that the primary sensor is gone?

nellly

Advanced Member
it will drive fine well mine did as well. you may find in time that your MPG is worse off, i would change it.
It only cost me just over £100 shipped from the us and its easy enough to change.

for the decat its the secondary one that gets tripped as that the one past the cat.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Ah cool, so the secondary one is fine? cool

Wherabouts did you get your sensor from in the states?

G Man

Advanced Member
If you had known about this a day earlier I could of brought one back for you mate. I fly back to Scotland on Sunday.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
The light has now went out for this? Has been on and off for a while, you reckon the sensor is still knackered? Or would it be worth while checking how tight the sensor is on?

@gman

ah bugger! Wherabouts you from in Scotland? Im from aberdeen

nellly

Advanced Member
with mine i reset it after it first came on and it lasted a few days, i rest it again and it lasted only a few hours it was slowing dieing. see how you go,
but i bet it will come on again.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Yip it came on 5 mins ago, are these hard to fit ? May attempt this myself if its easy enough :)

G Man

Advanced Member
cameroon95 said:
The light has now went out for this? Has been on and off for a while, you reckon the sensor is still knackered? Or would it be worth while checking how tight the sensor is on?

@gman

ah bugger! Wherabouts you from in Scotland? Im from aberdeen
Stirling mate.