Please help

David Fox

Advanced Member
Right, thinking of changing the exhaust system on the car, i know absolute nothing about what to get. I want to change the full system, so anyone got any opinions? To further add, Ive got GruppeM on and im going to get the car K-Pro'd as well (this is all your fault spo_gen)!

Thanks 8)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on noise levels you want if its very load then pm me as i have a Mugen N1 70mm race pipe for sale , which would work with a Spoon or stock manifold)
I like the Spoon front and HKS back system , it makes good power, easy to swap at mot time, well made and sounds just right, quiet while cruising and great while giving it the beans.
Some other manifolds can make a couple more hp (allegedly :wink: ) but come with their own hassles, weak flexis and mot trouble.

Evs

Advanced Member
I have a full Toda setup on mine and would recommend it to anyone, but as Simon says the Spoon manifold makes it easier to swap the cat in for MOTs. I won't comment on the relative power gains... :wink: :lol:

If you're changing the manifold for one without a cat then you need to bear in mind that you'll be removing a lot of silencing from the system in the process, so choose the cat-back carefully. A loud system will be very very loud with a decat.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Also bear in mind that any mid-section you change will hang lower than stock (so I am told by Paul at System-R), so if the car is lowered you will have the same trouble as me dealing with speed humps and overly-steep car park ramps! :(

My full Toda system is awesome to my mind, but as I've only ever driven my DC5 with it on I can't comment on relative merits next to a stock system or any other. I confidently predict you will love the effects of the GruppeM, KPro and uprated exhaust though! :D

mikegsi

Staff member
i had the hks system on mine till recently, sound was lovely, as mentioned bove, not much louder than stock in normal driving, but in vtec she sang a sweet song!!!

due to having spoon progressives on though it did hang quite low, the actual silencer on these is a biggun, you have to time speed humps just right, i changed to the spoon b-pipe and oem back box, HOW quiet! doesnt hang down anywhere near as much, but still scrapes if i dont get it right over those speed humps!

David Fox

Advanced Member
thanks for all your info, im thick as mince officially! is there a good system that has a cat on it? i like the idea of the Mugen race pipe, but would prefer it with a Cat so in case i get stopped (which where i live is everyday coz they like to be nosy t***s).

cheers again :D

kingston

Advanced Member
Ill take you out in mine when you come down for the rims (pick my new ones up tomorrow!), got the HKS system on it

benny

Advanced Member
dave got the hks full decat system on mine? it does sound good. getting rolling roaded in the next few weeks, so i'll be able to see what advantages it gives?

spo_gen

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
Right, thinking of changing the exhaust system on the car, i know absolute nothing about what to get. I want to change the full system, so anyone got any opinions? To further add, Ive got GruppeM on and im going to get the car K-Pro'd as well (this is all your fault spo_gen)!

Thanks 8)
:lol: :lol: .......Depends on what you can tolerate. Me, I love the Mugen. So quiet while cruising but full on race car in WOT.

By the looks of u :D , you prefer loud and brash. Spoon would be ideal as theres always Spoon systems in the classifieds. Had the system on my EP3, and my god it was loud.

Buzz us when your free, Jarhead! :lol: :wink: