Polish burn marks?

impne

Advanced Member
I picked my car up from importer on Monday, it didn't have fuel and was told they'd just cleaned it otherwise they'd have put a bit in bit it was a rush job so...

Anyway I noticed it had been machine polished as you could see the swirl marks up and down every panel.

I got around to washing the car last night and noticed the water was stuck to the paint no beading so I guess it had been compounded then wiped off? Definitely not polished

I'm going to say this also could have been done in Japan as don't want to point fingers but looking down the car whenever it was machine polished it wasn't kept wet enough and has burnt the paint in places and lost its shine.

What is the best way of getting this back.

I do have a machine polished myself but as we know Honda don't put much paint on their cars so am worried if I machine it it'll take top coat off

Anyone with any experience of this as I don't any help or guideance would be greatly appreciated

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I would be taking it back soon rather than later. I would want them to try correcting first incase it's bad.

impne

Advanced Member
Mate came round who years ago used to own body repair centre for a main dealer

He agreed it had been machined without enough water but he has used my machine polished on it and brought it back from a cloudy finish thank god

Left him doing that while I finished off undersealing the car behind the bumpers to make a proper job of it

Finish it off tonight with mesh in bumper now ready to refit and going to paint headlamp support bracket

Polish lights also

Getting there

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Looking good man, polished up a good'en,

What are you doing with regards to the mesh in the bumper?

What part and why? Is it just replacing the mesh over the break breathing hole?

impne

Advanced Member
When I imported my last one Andy at 200bhp some 10 years ago put mesh in the lower grill, basically to stop stones coming into the radiator. You can by it from halfords then use glue gun to fix it. I'm sure they'll be a post on here somewhere about it.
Also changed the brake duct vents mesh ( which the car already has ) to the same as I've put in the lower grill.
I'll get a pic up later didn't do one yesterday 😁

Think I was spoilt by Andy maybe as all these bits I'm doing now were done by Andy for you as part of the service.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Wow. Sounds like a decent service! Lol

Makes sense though, would be good to see a pic!