Polish?

wullie

Advanced Member
hi guys

the other night some dozy bird with studs in the back of her jeans decided she would lean against my door whilst she was chettin to some pals. now i have loads of wee scratches from the studs. can you guys reccomend any polish or something to get them out with. they havent gone to the metal but a couple are pretty deep. i swear i could have killed the silly cow!!!!

alg2500

Should have used her head to get the scratches out. ;)

G3 Compound is very good for polishing out scratches.

locky

have a look on detilingworld.com

unless you have a polisher i think it will be hard to remove them by hand

menenza polish is very good

wullie

Advanced Member
course i did!!! i didnt need to say much tho, the girl i was with went MAD!!!!!!!

alexparkes

Advanced Member
alg2500 said:
G3 Compound is very good for polishing out scratches.
Agreed. Its best using it with a PC/Machine/Mop whatever the hell you wanna call it.

Also, what colour is your car? If its black or blue you may be left with very, very fine scratches or swirl marks, so you'll need to use a good wax over the top of it. If you're white then you should be A-Ok as it wont show the swirls as bad.

Also, try using it on a wet rag. The water will help lubricate the polish to avoid swirls/scratches and will also stop the panel from getting too hot. Oh, and dont use too much pressure.

Hope that helps
:D

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
wullie said:
course i did!!! i didnt need to say much tho, the girl i was with went MAD!!!!!!!
I was gonna say! Didn't you get her to pay for it? Too many times I keep seeing little scratched appearing on my car...

wullie

Advanced Member
thanx guys, thats my job for today. justhope it doesnt rain now!!

milano_chris said:
wullie said:
I was gonna say! Didn't you get her to pay for it? Too many times I keep seeing little scratched appearing on my car...
i told her it would cost 60quid to get it done properly. shes paying that and im going to sort it myself (using you guys advice!) got to get petrol money somehow!

stoddie

Advanced Member
im across in fife and have a pc.

a bit of scratch x and half an hour will normally see fairly big scratches come out.

if you cant get it out by hand pop across and i'll do it for you.

stoddie

mikegsi

Staff member
be careful though as the paint on these cars is very thin, i'm sure i heard of people rubbing the paint off with excessive use of t-cut!!!!

wullie

Advanced Member
stoddie said:
im across in fife and have a pc.

a bit of scratch x and half an hour will normally see fairly big scratches come out.

if you cant get it out by hand pop across and i'll do it for you.

stoddie
thanx, il let u know how i get on!