Polishing help required

daaan100

I'm trying to do a 3 stage Meguiars polish on my car to revive the paint and make it shine for once. I clayed and scratch x'd it last month. I did the paint cleaner last night with a Halfords rotary polisher, rinsed off this morning, and got the 2nd stage polish on, only for a fine mist of rain to appear. Now what do I do? My car is caked in soggy polish. Wash again or wait for it to dry before buffing off. It's sods law that I wait for ages to have enough spare time to get this job done and then the weather intervenes. By the way, the top layer of wax will be Harley Wax and not the Meg's cheap stuff. Just wanna get it finished and sealed once and for all.

Any advice?

daaan100

Well it stopped raining and dried long enough for me to buff that layer off. Now half way through the Harly stage and it's flipping raining again. Give me strength. Aaargh! :xrealangry:

Andy.

Advanced Member
Where did you get this Harley stuff from? I'm intrigued.

Has it stopped raining yet? :x

daaan100

Got my Harly wax a few years ago off of eBay. Quite expensive, but lasts forever, and is apparently the finest grade number 1 yellow carnauba wax you can get. Looks very shiny when applied.....in the dry!

The rain has stopped again. Just waiting for the car to dry

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
i know the feeling! just gave half the day washing and waxing the teg,
finished about 20 mins and guess what? it rains! ](*,) ](*,)

the harley stuff sounds good!

daaan100

Finally finished and valuable lesson learnt. Don't even think about it if it looks damp :D car is definately the best it's ever been. No marks or flats in the paint at all, and surprisingly few chips given the age and mileage. Only the front bumper let's it down. It's still not super shiny like a few new Audi's and BMW's I've seen recently. I wonder why?

garytc78

Advanced Member
Mate the best thing you can use on your car before doing any polishing is to buy some
dodo juice lime prime this will make your car white again and you will be shocked at how
dirty your car was it will really help the rest of process.

Edy

Advanced Member
I machine polished mine today, gave it a detail..

I would first off give the car the clay bar treatment.
Then full machine polish with a fine compound.
Next up machine polish with SRP
Wash next
Then use Jetseal 109 to get the ultimate finish :wink:

Sit back and enjoy your work :xcheers:

garytc78

Advanced Member
Edy mate I think you need to try a good clenser before using compound I did my car last week and I was shocked at how dirty the paint was it was shocking and I clean my car every week and it was only 6 months since I last gave it a good going over so do yourself a favour and next time get some dodo lime prime its a clenser and it also has a bit of cut in it so works really well with a bit of machine polishing.