Poor Boys or Clay Bar?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
As the title says, which is better to use? And do you need to use both and if so in which order?!
:xcheers:

V7MAT

clean freak
I use megs clay bar and quick detailer after a lap round the car with glue and tar remover.

I'm gonna try some carpro iron-x this week as I've heard go things about it.

W 70M C

Advanced Member
As stated above...Poors Boys what?!?

Clay removes everything from above the surface of the lacquer...if you have oxidization or staining in the lacquer then you would need to use something else.

Always Clay first :D

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Sorry! :oops:

I've got some poor boys ssr2.5 to get the swirls out of the paintwork. No oxidation in the paintwork. Just wondered which one to use first but I guess it's the clay bar to get rid of the impurities then ssr2.5 to get the swirls out. AG SRP then she should look spanking! \:D/
:xcheers:

Sam B

Advanced Member
You are best off using the clay first.

This weekend i cleaned, then clayed, SRP, NXT wax. Results were great :)

W 70M C

Advanced Member
SRP will give you a great shine but make sure you finish it with a wax...to seal the surface and protect from the horrid stuff! :wink:

V7MAT

clean freak
Dodo light fantastic is what I use, amazing results everytime. I don't think it's hard wearing enough though so I have to re apply often to keep it 100%.

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Waxes are personal preferance tbh....we all have different expectations on what is a good wax, for some its easy application others jusdge beading qualities .....

....SO long as its a hand applied (not spray wax as these are top up waxes) then thats cool. I use Meguiars Cleaner Wax on mine as it helps to clean the CW as clean and bright as possible and it waxes it too :green:

Rob R

Advanced Member
I don't see the point in using SRP after SSR2.5? SSR is a better polish than SRP, be better off using a glaze after SSR and then waxing.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Clay bar for me, always does an awesome job of removing pretty much EVERYTHING that has bonded to the paint. 8)

Sam B

Advanced Member
wj51fut said:
Which wax would you recommend bearing in mind I will be using SRP?
My personal choice is NXT tech Wax from Megauirs. A good Wax IMO.

I always use instant tar remover and then, claybar to remove all contaminates first :).

As PORTHOS claying is great and does get rid of all the shit!