Pops and Bangs.....

HongKong

Hi all,

I have a completely standard DC5 and I am thinking of changing the exhaust. I want something that 'pops and bangs' when you lift off the accelerator.....any ideas? I’ve read on some sites if you remove the CAT it gives a similar sound.....but I’m not sure. Any ideas?

cup_66

Advanced Member
i have a 5zigen and its pops and bangs every single time you dab the accelrator,quiet when driving normally and an absoltue beast when in vtec...Everyone comments on it..

j30l

Advanced Member
If you remove that cat then you will get some pops and bangs and maybe some flames. Depending on the exhaust and manifold.

rick c

Advanced Member
cup_66 said:
i have a 5zigen and its pops and bangs every single time you dab the accelrator,quiet when driving normally and an absoltue beast when in vtec...Everyone comments on it..
Is that with a decat as well presumably?

HongKong

Can I get the pops and bangs with just changing the exhaust / back box? I don’t want to change the manifold because that probably means a kpro and remapping......it starts getting very expensive :cry:

logik

Advanced Member
Nah mate you wonr get that out of a backbox only. You will need a decat and an exhaust system at least.

hessy1

exhaust

i have just a cat back buddyclub spec 3 exhaust and it burrbles and pops all da time

Rob84

Advanced Member
An exhaust will only pop and bang if theres enough excess fuel on over-run and if its hot enough. Its just that different exhausts will vary the volume of these pops and bangs. Typically the less silencing an exhaust system has, the more pops etc you'll hear :D

dc5ian

Advanced Member
buy my j's racing 70 rr and that will pop and bang for sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
ive got a BC spec 3 atm with a Toda sport mani.. and even normall driving it pops and bangs like feck.. even worse if ya rev to change down to keep the revs up.. and ive been told its spat flames a few times :p