Possible gearbox problems.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

When off throttle in third and fourth gear and usually when going slightly downhill I can hear a slight chattering noise. Apply a bit of throttle and it goes away and returns as soon as I take my foot off.

Ive had a gearbox oil change recently thinking that might be the issue. Used recommended oil and and filled to the right level.

Has anyone out there had this issue and can give me advice on what to do next to sort it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards. Granty.

spooke

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

When off throttle in third and fourth gear and usually when going slightly downhill I can hear a slight chattering noise. Apply a bit of throttle and it goes away and returns as soon as I take my foot off.

Ive had a gearbox oil change recently thinking that might be the issue. Used recommended oil and and filled to the right level.

Has anyone out there had this issue and can give me advice on what to do next to sort it.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards. Granty.
When was the clutch last changed? My car at 44,000 miles had a caster wheel sound off power, really really obvious when you downshift too - it was the clutch springs rattling.

I don't see how it could be the oil change unless you didn't use MTF-3 or it has leaked?

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi. Used MTF 3. When it first started I thought an oil change might help.

Regards.

When was the clutch last changed? My car at 44,000 miles had a caster wheel sound off power, really really obvious when you downshift too - it was the clutch springs rattling.

I don't see how it could be the oil change unless you didn't use MTF-3 or it has leaked?

spooke

Advanced Member
I would suggest you take it to the likes of TGM or whoever is nearest for you - Tom diagnosed mine after a quick test drive.