Possible Lambda Sensor Fault

Fin

Hey guys!

My engine management light (EML) came on a couple of months back so I took the car to my local garage (the place I usually take it for servicing, MOT's etc.) to have it looked at and there seems to be a problem which has something to do with the lambda sensor.

At first we thought it was the lambda sensor itself so we replaced it with a brand new one but the EML still comes on. My mechanic has narrowed it down to there being a problem with the lambda sensor heater circuit. He says there's a feed to it but it doesn't earth. He can't do anything else and recommends taking it to Honda to get looked at. Before I do this has anyone else had a similar issue or have any ideas as to what it could be, as my knowledge of engines and stuff is limited!

By the way, the car drives absolutely fine.

Cheers guys!

Ian

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
was it replaced with a motorfactor equivalent or an oem one? often the equivalents dont work properly, when you get the heater circuit fault code it means the lambda sensor is goosed

Fin

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

The engine's standard so it was replaced with an OEM one. The lambda sensor was changed - is there more than one or something?!

Mark_teg

Staff member

The engine's standard so it was replaced with an OEM one. The lambda sensor was changed - is there more than one or something?!

There are 2, primary and secondary,
And what Si means above is, did they fit a sensor from Honda? Or was it cheap one?. Honda ones are circa £160.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Fin said:

Can you get the fault code from the ECU? That will determine exactly what is wrong with it. These sensors are prone to going. But as mentioned before, only get GENUINE Honda ones. Not worth shelling out twice for something.

Adam

Fin

Apologies for the late reply. I've recently returned from holiday.

Cheers for all the help, guys!