possibly stripping the teg

Stoo

Whining.....
OK, let me know asap as I will no doubt have the bumpers off you if they are immaculate and at the right price of course ;)

Cheers
Stoo

rascal69

Advanced Member
Will take the drivers headlight if the price is right and it doesn't steam up.

Don't trust myself resealing them up myself. Wouldn't get it right.

Grov

Banned
Will take the drivers headlight if the price is right and it doesn't steam up.

Don't trust myself resealing them up myself. Wouldn't get it right.
Why not? quite a few peeps on here have done it succesfully, i was going to do it myself, but my bonus from work convinced me to buy a brand new one, lol.

Like i said a few days ago, my drivers side headlight is sitting in the garage, doing nout, it's in good condition, just steams up a bit, but you can find even brand new one's do. You could have a go at re-sealing it and if it goes badly wrong, you haven't broke your one on the car.

integraleo

Advanced Member
You could buy mine if you wanted, and have a go at re-sealing it yourself, without the hassle of breaking ya one on car. :)
just been told my car is a CAT B so they are not allowing me to buy the car back off them GUTTED!!

rascal69

Advanced Member
Price you are looking for your headlight?
I will stick it into a bodyshop to get redone.
Removed mine and un steamed it.
It's misted up alittle but not as bad.

eXceed

Resident Driver
just been told my car is a CAT B so they are not allowing me to buy the car back off them GUTTED!!
Might want to check that they haven't sold the car, and if it was me I'd be contacting hte Financial Ombudsman ASAP. Likelihood is that they want the car as they'll make more money selling it to a breaker than selling to you.
Morethan tried to this to me, but what they had done is sold my car to a breaker (who contacted me!!!) and then blagged from paying out. In the end they settled out of court as they knew they'd lose. It's effectively theft...
All else fails have you been given a payout figure??

integraleo

Advanced Member
Might want to check that they haven't sold the car, and if it was me I'd be contacting hte Financial Ombudsman ASAP. Likelihood is that they want the car as they'll make more money selling it to a breaker than selling to you.
Morethan tried to this to me, but what they had done is sold my car to a breaker (who contacted me!!!) and then blagged from paying out. In the end they settled out of court as they knew they'd lose. It's effectively theft...
All else fails have you been given a payout figure??
the car is still at the gararge that it was dropped off to.went there today to pick up my head unit and speakers.while i was there i also took the rear parcel shelf which is unblemished,the car mats in black which are unblemished and the gearknob.was all i could carry to be honest.going to be getting another dc2 or ek9 tho so will be selling those things.never even got round to fitting the bose speakers and bass box in the end!
they have tried it on by offering me £6300 which is a joke to be honest.ive emailed them about a dozen ads showing tegs similar to mine selling for between 7 and 8 grand so have to wait for the reply now.
was gutted that i couldnt buy it back as i could have made loads out of selling parts.the seats were in unblemished condition too.i had recently replaced drivers side bolster and i have the recaro seat fix kit that i bought for £30 that replaces the plastic lugs and metal clips on the side of the seat to stop the sideways movement u sometimes get.

eXceed

Resident Driver
the car is still at the gararge that it was dropped off to.went there today to pick up my head unit and speakers.while i was there i also took the rear parcel shelf which is unblemished,the car mats in black which are unblemished and the gearknob.was all i could carry to be honest.going to be getting another dc2 or ek9 tho so will be selling those things.never even got round to fitting the bose speakers and bass box in the end!
they have tried it on by offering me £6300 which is a joke to be honest.ive emailed them about a dozen ads showing tegs similar to mine selling for between 7 and 8 grand so have to wait for the reply now.
was gutted that i couldnt buy it back as i could have made loads out of selling parts.the seats were in unblemished condition too.i had recently replaced drivers side bolster and i have the recaro seat fix kit that i bought for £30 that replaces the plastic lugs and metal clips on the side of the seat to stop the sideways movement u sometimes get.
Sorry to hear it mate, all I can say then is best of luck!! (personally I'd be going for a DC2 in yellow :). B18>B16 although if you wanted to drop a k in either will do :)).
Go back and keep taking parts off it lol???

integraleo

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear it mate, all I can say then is best of luck!! (personally I'd be going for a DC2 in yellow :). B18>B16 although if you wanted to drop a k in either will do :)).
Go back and keep taking parts off it lol???
ive had 3 championship white dc2's and a friend of mine has a yellow one.would love a black one altho i do have a desire for an ek9.definately gonna stick a b18c in it the k20 idea has gone now i cant buy back my dc5,its just too expensive and too much hassle.