Post up your mileage of your DC5

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Not an official Honda service history but I have a good log book of service records organised by myself. It's pretty much had everything done up to 120k service including new chain and tensioner but that's about it from a rebuild perspective.

I did have my valve seats cleaned up at some point by TDi with new plugs and injectors/fuel filter cleaned but no rebuild work and nothing done on bottom end to date.

dotty

Advanced Member
So what services should be done between, for example; 90k and 120k ?
Normal 12500/12 month ones. But I would look to get the chain and tensioner replaced along with the fuel filter, which should be done at 70k miles but a lot of the time isn't.

boz5r

Advanced Member
One hundred and seventy seven thousand miles tho first 30 were kms 51 plate just get it serviced when the oil looks a bit dark at tgm tom advies of any other work needed she still feels fresh best car ive ever had ( exept my first type R a dc2) .

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Well here i am with 78000 miles just clicked up ;) The car came as a fresh import from TorqueGT with 73000 miles in march 2012 and i only use it in the summer as it gets put into the garage wintertime (no salt for my baby) with a trickle charge. Have to say it's been a joy to own and absolutely trouble free.

IMG_0216 by rongood909, on Flickr

P.S.
Please excuse the fag ash as it fell off my rollup as i was taking the pic LOL.