potential new club member

V7MAT

clean freak
Hi, I'm Matt from Retford in Nottinghamshire. I will hopefully soon be purchasing an Integra DC5.

I have up until now only owned french hatches! but am now in a positon to "upgrade" :p i'll show you a 2 of my previous cars so you get a feel for the type of owner i am.

most recently i had this 52 Citroen Saxo VTS:

std engine wise
BTB exhaust system and manifold
Bilstien dampers in H+R coilovers
Fully stripped interior..

Before this saxo i had an R Peugeot 106 Rallye:

Coded door handles and mirrors GTi spoiler
Morrette headlamps
Peugeot sport exhaust
Koni adj suspension..

i have plenty more pics if you'd like to see anymore :lol:

I really am into keeping my cars clean and tidy, but also like driving them properly too. I really look forward to getting my hands on a Championship white DC5 although this will not see the track it'll be treasured too much for that!

I hope you guys will be able to help me where possible in the the run up to my purchase and once i become an owner and club member!

Thanks for looking Matt.

[/list]

V7MAT

clean freak
recognise you too, my username used to be mattwesty ;). i've been browsing a few honda sites and keep seeing you crop up! Your DC5 is pretty much how i'd like mine to end up :oops:

Do you have any idea why my pics don't work?

Gunn79

Advanced Member
V7MAT said:
recognise you too, my username used to be mattwesty ;). i've been browsing a few honda sites and keep seeing you crop up! Your DC5 is pretty much how i'd like mine to end up :oops:

Do you have any idea why my pics don't work?
You need to use the 'direct link' url under the picture in Photobucket - Your url between the img tags above brings up the gallery page, and not the individual images.

HTH

sinbad

Advanced Member
Very nice cars 8)

The saxo seems abit boy racerish to me although ive always loved the 106 rallye. Both look very clean and tidy and i like the black/white combo of the saxo. 8) Happy hunting anyway! :D

V7MAT

clean freak
thanks mate :)

The boy racers round here don't like the Saxo because it lacks uprated stereo, isn't slammed and you can't fit many chicks in it! lol

Melly

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum mate. Never been a fan of anything french myself but both of your cars are very clean and tastefully modified. I'm sure your DC5 will be a cracker when you are finished with it too :wink:

Cheers
Melly

V7MAT

clean freak
cheers mate, i'll do my best! to be honest i won't be doing anything major to the Teg, i love them how they are.. but i suppose we always say that and look where it leads! lol

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Melly said:
Never been a fan of anything french myself
Me neither mate till I drove my birds VTR, for a 1.6 it's nippy and it's a laugh to drive, very chuckable, even though the driving position and pedal spacing is horrendous.

impne

Advanced Member
Welcome to site

I do like the 106

I'm a bit of a french car fan myself owning a now very rare (15 on the road) Citroen Visa Gti..very old skool

tron2k3

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Melly said:
Never been a fan of anything french myself
Me neither mate till I drove my birds VTR, for a 1.6 it's nippy and it's a laugh to drive, very chuckable, even though the driving position and pedal spacing is horrendous.
Yeah I used to have a VTS a few years ago, and it definetely suits girls feet, I had to buy some narrow puma's to drive it, had to twist you hip most of the time to get to the accelerator, was a fun car down narrow lanes though :lol:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I think it's because it weighs as much as a wet fag packet mate, I got used to the spacing though. It's a bit like a go kart, it's so eager to turn in and there's plenty of feedback. Then again I was the one who told her CV joint is knackered and Tom at TGM started swearing at me for asking him to do the work as it's a PITA, apparantly it's better off replacing the whole driveshaft as it would just leak in the joint or something. :lol:

Anyway I always end up driving it as we'll go to her parents for a sunday roast and she's straight on the wine and hands me the keys before I get a chance to get in the house yet alone even open a beer :lol:

Don't understand why we don't take my car in the first place :roll:

ErA

advice - don't buy yc53 flo :lol:

i should have taken you out in mine when i had it matey!! you wont be disappointed by a dc5 :)

edit - advice would be from what i remember...

check underseal and SVA test - should both be done if imported through a proper importer.

also a small thing but the ITR comes as standard with those xenon HID lights, but these are removed to comply with the SVA test - most dealers put them back on after the test so if you want them then check they've been put back in!

something i learned after my ordeal was to check the seatbelts have the labels with the manufacture date etc on, if these labels has been cut off then *apparently* it's done by some to register the car as newer than it actually is (i heard).

it's also common for the front lights to get mist in them, so don't be put off by this.

also another common-ish thing is if you hammer it in first and go for 2nd gear quickly, it may crunch...doesn't seem to be related to how the car has been treated, some do it some don't from what i hear! so that doesn't mean knackered gear box :)

you may hear the term "c pack" - this means tinted rear windows, folding wingmirrors and rear wiper as standard. also check if if has a parcel shelf, as a lot of imports don't, but can be bought for 110 quid iirc.

lastly i recommend speaking to Andy from 200bhp cars off here if you want a minter imported to your specification, as long as you don't mind waiting a bit longer for what you want?

thats all i remember at the moment pal!

V7MAT

clean freak
Cheers JOB!

i'm pretty much up to speed with the spec and what to look for, its just a case of moving the frenchie on first!

how you doing pal, ok?

Evs

Advanced Member
Welcome :D

Interior pic of the black one is impressive fella, lots of attention to detail there - nice job 8)

V7MAT

clean freak
thanks mate, don't panic though the interior of the Teg will be staying FULL FAT! :lol:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
both cars are very nice there

whoever said they were boyracer were full of sh1t!

far from it, clean and tidy, and used for what they were built for!

good luck with the hunt, and welcome aboard

V7MAT

clean freak
DC5TU said:
both cars are very nice there

whoever said they were boyracer were full of sh1t!

far from it, clean and tidy, and used for what they were built for!

good luck with the hunt, and welcome aboard
I didn't want to start an argument so soon! :roll: lol, thanks pal.