Potential new DC5 owner

dougle_turbo

Hello chaps,

I'm looking to get myself into a DC5. I currently run a B7 RS4 avant, but want o get myself something much more track focused and capable of doing driving trips to Wales, Scotland etc. I'm hoping the DC5 is it.

I haven't actually driven one yet, but I'm viewing a championship white, pre FL car tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

I've read the forum's excellent buying guide several times, but any other nuggets of information would be much appreciated.

CheeRS

Doug

P.s attached is my bread van, complete with OEM ceramic brakes.

DSC_8735_1 (1).jpg

Mardgee

Advanced Member
Love the RS4, stunning. I‘ve only just bought one in August as well as the buyers guide
I was looking at the rear arches for rust
Check the spare wheel and foot wells for water easyish fix so for me it would be a neglect indicator.
They are pretty solid cars for the age but if not undersealed and driven in the salty roads they will rust easy.
If it rattles off throttle it‘s probably the heat shield.
Don‘t worry if the starter sticks either they just don‘t like the cold.

adam.

Advanced Member
dougle_turbo said:
Hello chaps,

I'm looking to get myself into a DC5. I currently run a B7 RS4 avant, but want o get myself something much more track focused and capable of doing driving trips to Wales, Scotland etc. I'm hoping the DC5 is it.

I haven't actually driven one yet, but I'm viewing a championship white, pre FL car tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

I've read the forum's excellent buying guide several times, but any other nuggets of information would be much appreciated.

CheeRS

Doug

P.s attached is my bread van, complete with OEM ceramic brakes.

DSC_8735_1 (1).jpg
Welcome — I was utterly astonished at the punishment the ceramic brakes could take slowing down a B7 RS4 on track!

PFA

You should enjoy the transition, they are completely incomparable cars though. Lol.

Hi, did you buy one mate? I‘m considering selling mine. It‘s mint, zero rust, 83000 miles, purchased from Torque GT. Preface lift, C pack, new seat bolsters. My email address is randomjiberish@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk