Potenza RE050's

Vtequila

Dutchy
How are these tyres, does anyone has tried them before ? I will need 2 new front tyres and am wondering how these are.

Thanks

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
I've been running those tyres since i bought 5.

Great tyre in my opinion plenty of grip in the dry and plenty in the wet.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I've ran them on the S2000, them moved onto the RE050A (which is better). I'm currently running Goodyear Asymmetric tyres on the rear and the grip is a lot better.
The next set of tyres for the S2000 and the CR-Z will be the Goodyear Asymmetric II.

Vtequila

Dutchy
I've ran them on the S2000, them moved onto the RE050A (which is better). I'm currently running Goodyear Asymmetric tyres on the rear and the grip is a lot better.
The next set of tyres for the S2000 and the CR-Z will be the Goodyear Asymmetric II.
Dont you mean a different tyre, from reading the first line.. ?

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Nope.

The car came with RE050's all round when I bought it. I then replaced all four with RE050A's which were better than the RE050's.
Since then I've changed the rears to Goodyear Asymmetric's.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Completely agree with reo50s being an ok tyre but certainly not the best.I cant wait to put Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric2s back on the front.absolutely awesome tyre.Camskill selling 225 45 17 on the 94xl for 92 quid each at minute.bargain!!! I shall be getting some next month.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
If your budget stretches I'd put a set of winter tyres on next month. I did this last year and the car was unbelievable, it just laughed at all the grim on the road and as for the snow, not a problem.
Then after 6 months put the Goodyears's on.

The initial outlay can be costly but them afterwards your swapping tyres over every 6 months so you're not exactly buying another set for a long time.

Vtequila

Dutchy
I dont think I will be needing winter tyres, the car is not my daily and will mostly rest in the garage. And by a set do you mean all 4 tyres ?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
if you want a serious tire get the ad08, goo tire for the same price around for the lesser re050/re050a. As you can see members here rate the Goodyear F1 highly due to comfort and sporty.

martinj46

Advanced Member
I had a set of the Goodyear Assymetric 2's on my last car and they were very impressive indeed. When my tyres need changed I have no doubt that'll be what I go for again

redcap

Advanced Member
I had RE050's on mine which were good all round and lasted well. I then had AD08's which were very good! Much better grip and confidence cornering hard. The down side is the rubber is softer so they didn't last as long. I now have RE 070's which are the best Bridgestone's I have had. They only come in 225 45 17 which feels different to 215 45 17 but I got used to them pretty quickly. The grip is very good, not sure on wear yet as I have only had them for 6 mths or so. I still think the AD08's (£120) are the best for performance but the RE070's were £100 so tried them instead.

integraleo

Advanced Member
The reason I went for eagle f1 a2's over ad08s or re070s is because they have pretty much similar grip in the dry but better grip in the wet and very low road noise to boot compared to the other 2.add to that the fact they are only 92 quid a tyre for the xl sidewall stiffness it swayed it for me.average review score on tyre review site is around 94% as well.