Powder coating brake calipers

Chris-141

Advanced Member
So my Brembos are looking a bit worse for wear. Was going to relacquer just but have decided to go with powder coating.

Does anyone know a rough idea on price to have them done?

Where is good to go?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I don't know anything about cost but thought it might be worth mentioning two things.

Temperatures: I'm not sure how well a powder based paint stands up to heat but normally there are specific paints designed for higher temperatures.

Decals: The other thing is I recently bought some new Brembo decals ready for mine being refurbed and in the instructions it mentioned specifically powder based coats as not being a great surface for them to stick to. Something to do with a residue being left with that type of paint?

Thought I'd mention those things in case you need to find out more. On the flip side I know there are advantages to using powder paints so I guess its just a case of weighing it all up. :)

Chris-141

Advanced Member
Yea cheers, from having a read the stickers are applied and then a clear powder over them. Have emailed a few places just waiting on prices but if anyone knows anywhere that's good and good prices?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
they are painted from the factory , be careful prepping the calipers for powdercoat, many places will want to shot blast them which will ruin seals if the are there or piton bores if they arnt