Power Blip High RPM

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Alright guys, so I got my first DC5 yesterday, loving it!

Only thing that happened when I was in high revs just crossed over and its a split second blip and the power just drops. It is only for a second this happens and the powers back!

Someone suggested it could be to do with a loose coil?

EDIT: Checked the coils and they're all tight, plenty oil and it does seem to be at cross over its doing this?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

RNP

Could be the TPS sensor not being able to match the voltage increase when your progressing to WOT.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
RNP said:
Could be the TPS sensor not being able to match the voltage increase when your progressing to WOT.
Progressing to WOT?

Checked all coils are tight, doesn't misfire or anything when in 5/6th slow and out the foot down.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
UPDATE - This seemed to be an issue with the VSS/Connections to ECU relating to speed or the converter to MPH. All That happened was unplugged and plugged back the vss and looked at all connections on ECU and it solved the issue. If the speedo is even minutely off it will cut VTEC and that is what was happening.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Nice fix and nice one for posting it. No doubt will help others.
Yeah few people pointing it toward the TPS sensor or Coilpacks. Anyone who has an issue similar to this try looking to see if the speedo skips or anything and that would help point you in the right direction before spunking money on parts you may not need.