Power predictions...?

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Hi there,

I've been offered a couple of engine bay goodies and was unsure as to what power I would be roughly expecting once I get the car remapped. I would have the following mods:

ITG maxogen
Rm01a catback
Dc Sports manifold / downpipe
RBC intake manifold
Skunk2 70mm TB

And once fitted I would be getting the car remapped (probably January time)

Does anyone else have the something similar to the above and if so, what gains did you see?

Cheers,
Carl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Hmm it doesn't seem brilliant; which of the above would you say is the most restrictive? I'm not sure if the ITG is up to scratch?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Don't get caught up on the figures, especially top end.

Realistically you'll be seeing mid 240's on average but they're just numbers at the end of the day and can be swayed by any number of factors on the day... You'll easily be seeing figures of 30-40bhp increase through the midrange which makes the car much more lively and responsive.

The ITG isn't a well known used intake on K20s in my experience so hard to say if it would be restrictive or not, but with all other modifications considered even if it were replaced with an ARC or Gruppe M the above still applies, it would only make 2/3bhp to the peak figures.

This is N/A tuning at the end of the day, any changes made will never made the world of difference in terms of pub numbers.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
The ITG seems to be used on EP3's you dont see many at all on DC5.

Nothing on your list is restrictive but you need deep pockets to chase big na power

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
Thanks for the inputs. I havn't done anything with power performance since owning the car (2012) so I think it may be a nice little purchase for me! I suppose a jump to 240 will be definitely noticeable!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
As said by others already on a fair and more realistic dyno you'd prob see 230-240bhp ish, mines only got the below and got 226 on a realistic dyno

AEM Long Arm CAI (in the front bumper)
Complete Dc Sports manifold / downpipe and full system
Dc Sports manifold / downpipe
K100 ecu mapped by Romain

But one thing I never do with Honda's is care about numbers, it's how the car feels, how the power is and can be applied and can it be used to the max all the time, my Vtec has been set to kick in at 5200rpm so I am never in it on normal driving or motorways etc, but once there it can be kept within it through the gears

2ndy

Advanced Member
Wouldn‘t stress about figures, there‘s a massive difference between a mapped 230-240bhp and a standard car.

Peak figures aren‘t even half the story. Your mid range gains and area under the graph are what will move the car in the real world

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Mines 240bhp on a tough dyno with similar spec bar the tegiwa mani and airbox.
huge difference over OEM

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
The ITG intake is supposed to be a great bit of kit, had the chance to buy one recently and was slow in committing to buy so ended up missing out and regret it now!

A mate had one many years ago on a 92 Civic VTI and rated it as one of his best upgrades at the time.