Power Steering Heavy (Air??)

Beefman147

I believe I know the answer to this question but I am hoping someone can shed some light and hopefully advise me how to resolve this.

I recently decided to change my PS fluid as it was looking a bit murky. Rather than do a complete flush which I know would be the best thing to do I done it over the course of a week using the 'turkey baster' method and drained and refilled the reservoir approx 5 times after having driven the car.

I have noticed however that sometimes at idle you can visibly see minor bubbling in the reservoir.

How do I go about bleeding the system if it is possible? The power steering to me feels a touch heavier than it should but there are no whines or abnormal noises. I did do a lock to lock two or three times with the car in the air but this maybe isn't enough to get the air out?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Beefman147 said:
I believe I know the answer to this question but I am hoping someone can shed some light and hopefully advise me how to resolve this.

I recently decided to change my PS fluid as it was looking a bit murky. Rather than do a complete flush which I know would be the best thing to do I done it over the course of a week using the 'turkey baster' method and drained and refilled the reservoir approx 5 times after having driven the car.

I have noticed however that sometimes at idle you can visibly see minor bubbling in the reservoir.

How do I go about bleeding the system if it is possible? The power steering to me feels a touch heavier than it should but there are no whines or abnormal noises. I did do a lock to lock two or three times with the car in the air but this maybe isn't enough to get the air out?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks
I used to have a pas air issue on my old mr2. Used to have to take the cap off the resovoir, then with the engine runinng turn the steerkng lock to lock a good few times untill all the air appeared to be gone

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Just with the engine running make 3 times a full lock left and right with the cap of the reservoir and all the bubbles should be out of the system. Keep an eye on the level while doing it