Power steering hose fixed!

eXceed

Resident Driver
Well got my powersteering hose repaired after nearly 5 months of no power steering! Just got that repaired expecting to have to replace the pump (which has been running dry and open to the environment) only to find that my pump is still working and now I have powersteering.
Can't believe it! Talk about Japanese reliability eh?

EDIT more than 4 months apparently!!!

Marpol

Advanced Member
Good stuff!

Seemed like ages ago when you said your power steering had gone, you got massive guns now? :lol:

Stoo

Whining.....
2 months!? It was dead at the RR meet in dec, 4 months ago lol

eXceed

Resident Driver
Stoo said:
2 months!? It was dead at the RR meet in dec, 4 months ago lol
Ahahaha :lol:, someone would think I don't care about my car!! The amount of people I rang who told me nah we can't help you mate (stupid lazy bastards). And in the end met a friend of a friend who did it for less than £40.

Marpol said:
Good stuff!

Seemed like ages ago when you said your power steering had gone, you got massive guns now? :lol:
You don't know the half of it, I look like a monster now. Put it this way my body sighed with relief when it started working. It's a bit noisy but it's working. I think I'll replace it before Japfest (along with a few other bits as it's a right state due to spilt powersteering fluid and melted plastic :().

Almost crashed when I took it out, turned too sharply around a corner I'm used to struggling round :lol:

alan-lee

Advanced Member
strangely i feel like the power steering is gone in my own dc5, its not that it overly heavy but it doesnt feel like a car with power steering... how did you go about fixing yours mate?