Power steering pump

2ndy

Advanced Member
Hi, I have just fitted the K-tuned power steering relocation kit to my dc5, after firing I filled up with fluid and done the usual procedure for bleeding the system but I'm still getting a noise from the pump. The noise gets louder with revs and louder when il turning the wheels. Does anyone know if the sound the pump makes when the bearings are done is the same noise the pump will make when it needs bled?

I have checked every joint and pipe and everything is secure, have turned the steering left to right and still the noise has not left the pump. Thinking my next move would be to rebuild the pump

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
i had a noise after filling up with fresh fluid and bleeding it and it wasn't a nice noise at all. I remember i drove it on as it was late and got home. The next day after a few miles i noticed the noise had gone. Had no problems since :xgrin: Maybe give it a chance?

2ndy

Advanced Member
Maybe leave it a while although I jumped the gun a bit and ordered the rebuild parts, suppose it news seals and bearing will do it no harm.

Probably plenty of air in it since the whole system would have been near enough dry

spooke

Advanced Member
Would like to know if you can get rid of this noise, mines slowly getting louder. Gets a little irritating after a while :p

2ndy

Advanced Member
Will update when I know but it's usually a sign of air getting in. I ordered all the seals and the bearing for it as there's a small noise from the bearing ATM anyway.

Bit of a pain but couldn't have a noise coming from the pump constantly. Just hope img it's nothinto do with the ktuned kit as that will be a bit of an annoyance

jrscho

Advanced Member
Any pictures of it fitted Andy? :D I'll be looking at getting this next year so would be good to see how it looks, not many pics around when I was looking before..

2ndy

Advanced Member
jrscho said:
Any pictures of it fitted Andy? :D I'll be looking at getting this next year so would be good to see how it looks, not many pics around when I was looking before..
Will get you some tomorrow mate, there's very little info to go with for fitting them but it does look the part and it cleans up a lot o different parts of the bay. I ended up taking the radiator out of mine to fit as it was a complete nightmare to fit trying to get my big shovel hands up to it past the subframe. I was also told you need to buy the ktuned adjustable idler pulley but infitted a standard ep3 to mine and with trial and eroorninfoundba suitable belt so that saved me £150

Will update the thread tomorrow with pictures as I'm going to lift the pump back out to strip it down

jrscho

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Will get you some tomorrow mate, there's very little info to go with for fitting them but it does look the part and it cleans up a lot o different parts of the bay. I ended up taking the radiator out of mine to fit as it was a complete nightmare to fit trying to get my big shovel hands up to it past the subframe. I was also told you need to buy the ktuned adjustable idler pulley but infitted a standard ep3 to mine and with trial and eroorninfoundba suitable belt so that saved me £150

Will update the thread tomorrow with pictures as I'm going to lift the pump back out to strip it down
Thanks man! Yeah when I tried searching found very little, only pictures were ones off k tuned website which aren't that great... I'm not fussed with how it looks, just want my power steering lower as its raised up from the charger, can't fit any vented bonnet as it catches off it! Well annoying... But thanks again!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Got a couple of wick photos A I had to remove the pump, can get more when the new in and it's all built back up

jrscho

Advanced Member
Thanks for the pics! Looks good some some new shiney metal in too :) hope you get the pump sorted anyhow!

Jakke_itr

2ndy how did you get in in the end did you get it sorted ??

I'm looking at buying this kit

So I have got a few questions of that's ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
Jakke_itr said:
2ndy how did you get in in the end did you get it sorted ??

I'm looking at buying this kit

So I have got a few questions of that's ok

The hose ktuned supply with the kit isn't as thick or well insulated as the OEM hose so the noise I hear is due to that, it's a bit annoying but isn't doing any harm so I've just left it as it is

Not very race proven as they try to say

Jakke_itr

Really ok I will look out for that

Do you have any pics of where or how you have run the lines

Any tips or tricks on fitting the kit ??

2ndy

Advanced Member
Will get pics for you this week to show where the lines run when I get near the car again,

If I was fitting one again I'd lift the radiator out, would make it a lot easier as you can get it every thing better.

Did you get the adjustable top pulley aswell?

Jakke_itr

Thanks very much mate I'm not sure if to buy the k tuned adjustable ep3 pulley or apparently you can use a stock ep3 one