Power Vs Fuel Levels

Rom

Advanced Member
Thinking about it....
Do these have a pressure sensor on the rail ? I thought not ? I cant see anything obvious in manual. They show a FTP fuel tank pressure sensor. But the US models have stricter emissions control, i didnt think JDM models have this?

I dropped my Evap system from the rear of the car, which the manual shows as where the sensor is, and there was no electrical connections, only vac pipes.

But it could be what Kpro is reading, would make sense, if it has it. And PTANK is more likely Pressure Tank, rather than rail pressure.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yea agreed, thank god for that :/ I still want to see if low tank and full tank makes a difference and also monitor pressure when i undo filler cap

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Someone kind of touched on it already but the only other thing I can think of it being is fuel temperature if that can make a difference?

I have to admit the only time I notice more response is immediately after filling up. Could it be that due to being stored in a big tank underground that the fuel is cooler upon initially filling up in turn making it denser and slightly better combustion? Complete speculation

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive never really learnt much about petrol and its temperature effects.

Diesel is the obvious one, needs to be certain temps to stop from waxing, or getting too hot. But petrol doesnt seem to be as troublesome.
Thats not to say that colder denser fuel doesnt have an effect, just not enough for manufacturers to use coolers or heaters.

Erm

Advanced Member
I agree the car always feels better on acceleration with a full tank although it feels much heavier when braking. Kind of defies logic but I do notice it as well OP