Powersteering rack to manual

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Hey I've removed the powersteering on my facelift dc5, what I'd like to no is which of the 2 inlet holes is the in and out,I'm running a Saxo electric pump and want to get it hooked up cheers in advance

Rom

Advanced Member
This should answer all your questions. Bear in mind, this is from a left hand drive RSX. So work it out accordingly from the picture.
But whats your end goal ?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
just drain the fluid out and hit the gym, its not as difficult to park as you would think with no power steering

Rom

Advanced Member
I can kind of get ditching ps.
But why the electric pump?
What does that gain? Other than a bit or engine bay space and slightly less drain on the engine.

HR Imports

Parts Trader
Hondata did this using the MR2 electric pump. Meant to give around 5 - 7bhp gain iirc. Some may scoff but that's probably more than you get from a £1k induction kit :D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i would have thought it might be easier to fit the civic electric system,

BUT why not just take it off altogether and lose the weight ? free the HP and reduce weight, double whammy. if your geo is set right, it wont be horrible to drive without PS.

Kellsled

Advanced Member
I do go to gym haha reason being here in n.ireland the regulations are stupidly strict now and with p/s it won't pass mot, but the main reason being drivability far to heavy for full track days and any period of driving,parking etc isn't the problem.
I have it set up just don't want a mess if the in and out arnt on the right inlets

Rom

Advanced Member
HR Imports said:
Hondata did this using the MR2 electric pump. Meant to give around 5 - 7bhp gain iirc. Some may scoff but that's probably more than you get from a £1k induction kit :D
Good point. But i think most people buy induction kits for the noise, and the cool points for having one.

If everyone had the bhp / £ sense, they would just JRSC or Turbo every car. I mean most people probably have £1.5k - £2k in a header, system and intake? Then the RBC, 70mm TB etc, and a k100 / kpro with map another £1200 - £1500+, and on a good day, they may see 240-250.