Pre facelift to facelift mods

Allen

Advanced Member
Sure this has been covered but i cant find it anywhere.

Looking to change from my 2001 DC5 to a 2005/06 (nearly went to FD2 but talked myself out of it)

Anyway, what mods cannot be transfered between the pre and facelift?
As far as i know its just suspension mods inc struts, but just checking.

cheers

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
If you've got coilovers (i.e. complete units), they will transfer. Springs won't.
Front strut brace has an extra mounting point on the facelift.

Apart from that pretty much everything else goes IIRC. What made you decide against the FD?

jay82

Advanced Member
yea as above the springs coil a different way or something, and as far as i no the induction kits are different, but could be corrected

Allen

Advanced Member
DolphiN Tech said:
What made you decide against the FD?
Dont know, dont get me wrong i love it, just the extra cost i think and cant get my bike in the back...

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Don't think ETDs are the same, kpro is also different.
If you have a later model GruppeM that will be fine but early models may not fit.

Whats the reason for going for a facelift?

Allen

Advanced Member
Mileage is getting high. So was looking to buy newer car, want another DC5 and seen nice one at Torque

phil r

Advanced Member
Allen said:
Mileage is getting high. So was looking to buy newer car, want another DC5 and seen nice one at Torque
Hi mate are you looking at the facelift with the modula body kit & the dc zorst if you do change mate first dibbs on your dc zorst mate , no its cheeky cheers al :wink:

Allen

Advanced Member
phil r said:
Allen said:
Hi mate are you looking at the facelift with the modula body kit & the dc zorst if you do change mate first dibbs on your dc zorst mate , no its cheeky cheers al :wink:
Yeah i am, someone went to look at it yesterday so gotta ring them n see if its still there.
No probs with the zorst, better for me as I wont need to post it :D

dp9901

Advanced Member
[/quote]
Hi mate are you looking at the facelift with the modula body kit[/quote]

that my old car :( :( :(

Allen

Advanced Member
Hi mate are you looking at the facelift with the modula body kit[/quote]

that my old car :( :( :([/quote]

Yeah, looking at it today. Ill take good care of it if i buy it :D