Prefacelift Projector Headlights

alimujahid_dc5

Hey guys!

So we all love the shape of the DC5 BUT one thing that i wish the PFL had are the Projector lamps!

I wonder why they took them off when the DC2 had them?

Anyway long story short where can i get some nice projectors to retrofit myself (UK suppliers)

Thanks!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Fahad is your man I think mate. (I think that's how hes spelt it?) He has done this, its in his build thread. looks like a clean job :)

alimujahid_dc5

Yeah i also found RSX Retrofits as the only source to do this conversion will email them and see how much they quote :unsure:

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Fahad is your man I think mate. (I think that's how hes spelt it?) He has done this, its in his build thread. looks like a clean job :)
I think that's the member
I do like the styling he's gone for and the projectors look smart in my opinion

OliverV

i have the projectors done by rsxretrofits and the output of the light is just amazing compared to my halogen depo lights, what i use for MOT :D
here they are, how i ordered them:

but the bad thing is, that they are without any E or DOT marking, so, i dont know how they will go through UK mot's.. and because he uses aftermarket lights as the base, it is essential to cover it with good transparent film for going yellow or stone chips. i used 3M special film for headlights and they where cut out specially for the headlight shape :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
What budget you looking at Oliver? Seems once shipped and with the 3M film at your probably looking at 900 smackers?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

OliverV

if i remember correctly it was the work+new lights+shipping to estonia = ~500 euros
and the 3M film was a extra 50euros in a local 3m decal-making place.

i did not wanted the HID he provided, because here the HID bulb (china) costs 10eur per bulb and the aftermarket ballast for the xenon light are 20eur per piece. the morimoto can be good, but in the end it does not matter if it is a brand bulb or not.

it has the bi-xenon lenses, so, if needed more light at night, then you just need to hook up a extra relay and H1 bulb socket. :)

C2BDB

Advanced Member
There is a company up here in Scotland called headlightretrofits
I know they can fit the projector units to oem headlights they are on Facebook and seem to have a good reputation and do some high end cars also some questionable mods