Preperation for Winter

Aly

Advanced Member
Hi there,

Is there anything you guys do to prep for winter and the jobby weather? Like waxing (ur car) more often towards the winter months for protection?

Ive got limited days off, it could snow and the car lives outside because i cant fit it through the door and up the stairs. So due to weather the car could go awhile without a wash!

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Well I'm considering buying a metro with enough tax and MOT to last til February....

... And learning how to rally too.

Seriously though, I'm just going to clean it every moment I get, Rain or Snow, Night or Day...

larz

Advanced Member
regular washing... i know it's cold, but make the effort... don't give the salt a chance to build up and eat your paint...

Although debatable, i recommend not using water that's a completely different temperature to the car's body panels... Don't put very hot water on cold panels, especially thin bodywork like our DC5s.

Wash regularly, wax when clean. avoid abrasion from stones, sand and grit. Use quality products and lastly, go slowly on heavily gritted surfaces...

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know of a decent place to get car undersealed in North West of England?

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Any bodyshop can underseal your car (providing they have a lift)
A lot of them cut corners and don't remove splash guards etc though, so ask first!

Oh and FinishKare 1000p is an awesome wax/sealant :)

NiCkO

Advanced Member
iv just brought a 106 d so the teg is in the garage out the way. plus im getting 60 mpg with is a plus.

dank_dc5

Does anyone know of a decent place to get car undersealed in North West of England?
I have a mate that underseals as a job and is unblemished he charges £100 for the full lot bumpers off etc! I can get you pics of his work if you interested!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I've just had to garage mine :(.

I did however get a ej9 civic in supersonic blue for £100 off a mate so at least I still have a Honda to run.

Yeah I'll be waxing mine and garaging for the bitter months.

Bye bye Teegwa see you soon.

dank_dc5

He is based at Glasgow I travelled to see him and he does a unblemished job also feeds you and makes a nice brew lol just depends if you willing to travel defo worth it though without a doubt!

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
hmmm im gonna try to find/need/want a garage for mine...if not a cover lol.

what you guys think of waxoil for underneath.....? just waiting for a dry day...