Price of Optimax

dazza

Advanced Member
I just paid 104.9 :shock: i hadn't filled up for a few weeks due to getting a company car for work priorities (great havin all your car travel paid for :D ).The price of this stuff is getting stupid, just how far is it gonna go. :roll:
Still gonna keep putting it in though as i still feel the car benefits from it.

Zero7

Advanced Member
Sky is the limit, we will start to run out of natural resource availability at some point, just look at what Lexus are doing with their Hybrids, it's the way to go, and performance seems to be very good indeed.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
If the US and UK would stop pandering to Israel and invading Middle Eastern countries, we might have a better chance of cheaper petrol...

imran

lockwood77 said:
If the US and UK would stop pandering to Israel and invading Middle Eastern countries, we might have a better chance of cheaper petrol...
:xyes:

benny

Advanced Member
at a tenner its only the same price as a chocolate milkshake? about a quid extra over normal petrol? whats all the fuss about, its the price in general?
98.9 is scandalus!!!! :roll:
its worth a quid for the perfomance we get isnt it? you dont have to put it in
in motor shops you can buy addatives, i found one for a 5er it does one full tank, works out about the same as using optimax exept it gives you full ron?

mikegsi

Staff member
i'll be brimming her for my trip to system r on friday, cant wait to find out how much thats gonna cost me now! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Suped

Advanced Member
filled up with optimax at 104.9!! Disguistingly ata £45.00 for full tank!! :evil:

tedg

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
guys u light weights..ive just done 27 laps of the ring and drove there and back.. :lol:
Maybe you stuck at 55mph and got 450 miles to the tank :lol:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
The price is kept artificially high in the UK by government taxation - 70% of what you pay at the pump is fuel duty.

Suped

Advanced Member
ridiculous!!!! Its daylight robbery. Why can't the public groups put some serious amounts of pressure on the government to drop the tax and reduce their FAT CAT pay packets to offset the fuel duty??!!! In 10 years time, you can just picture all sorts of silly tax on the public.

Read in the local papers that fines would be issued if rubbish bags put out on the drive a day too early would incur a fine. What a load of crap!! Not only to the local authorities hardly ever come collect the rubbish whlist sponging off the tax payers but want to fine the tax payers also.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Suped said:
ridiculous!!!! Its daylight robbery. Why can't the public groups put some serious amounts of pressure on the government to drop the tax and reduce their FAT CAT pay packets to offset the fuel duty??!!! In 10 years time, you can just picture all sorts of silly tax on the public.
You will only have to pay tax elsewhere. You need to look at your total tax bill and compare it with other countries, then judge the state of their public services. If it wasn't on petrol, it would be higher income tax or NI or whatever.

I had the same discussion with people when the "petrol crisis" was on five and a half years ago. Admittedly, it would be better to cap the tax so that when prices rise above a predicted norm, the consumer isn't hit further, but you have to wonder if the treasury actually factor in such price spikes to balance their books... :(

dan the man

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
guys u light weights..ive just done 27 laps of the ring and drove there and back.. :lol:
lol be the best magician trick ever at 55 with BTG of 8.44 :lol: